If you started messaging.....

Options

Replies

• BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I met my wife on Myspace (remember that?) and a few friends I met online, so I wouldn't have an issue meeting someone I met on MFP. I would still do it somewhere quite public just in case, but meeting for a beer or something wouldn't be out of the question.

Simply put: Yes, No (because I'm married), No, Yes.

My husband and I met on MySpace, too! Ah, 2007...

My wife and I originally met on USENET, back when you were a God if you had over a 14.4k modem.
  • Just_Bella
    Options
    I have met 2 meeting my 3rd in June and yes, why the hell not
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    There's a few that come to mind to meet for a drink
  • eastcoaster25
    Options
    I've had a potential tial hookup with one in the same city
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I ALMOST met somebody on MFP sometime last year, because he lives relatively close, but I chickened out. :ohwell:
  • RobinAlexader
    RobinAlexader Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've never met anyone that I met on MFP. BUT I have met other people online before. I once met a guy from Reddit..big mistake that was. And I met my current boyfriend using OkCupid. you just have to be careful..make sure you can trust the person.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    There was some nudist guy on here who just randomly sent me his nude progress photos. I didn't ask for them or anything, I just posted in a thread saying that I didn't like wearing pants.

But to answer the question, no I would not have met that creepy f*cker.
  • hush404
    hush404 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Meet? Sure. Date? If it went that way. Would need to be close, I think. Long distances never seem to work.
  • chicbad
    chicbad Posts: 30
    Options
    if things worked out, sure I would
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    someone from MFP would you meet them? and if that continued to go well would you date them? (Bored at work GIMME SOME SMUT)

If their noodz they sent were good enough, I would at least consider meeting them for a hook up.

That smutty enough?
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes, yes
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in an AOL chatroom in 1999. So I wouldn't meet any dudes from here, chicks for sure for friendships. But meeting an online crush is the norm nowadays. Go for it!
  • BigBellyGoAway
    Options
    I met my husband in an AOL chatroom in 1999. So I wouldn't meet any dudes from here, chicks for sure for friendships. But meeting an online crush is the norm nowadays. Go for it!

AOL? What did you have against GeoCities? :laugh:
  • mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Grrrrrr... didn't quote! See below.
  • mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've messaged quite a few people. No one I know lives near me but I might consider meeting them if they do.

Colorado representing!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

I seriously had to google that. No clue. AOL was the hip thing.......
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes. No. Yes.

^This
  • MrsCZM138
    MrsCZM138 Posts: 116
    Options

Simply put: Yes, No (because I'm married), No, Yes.

This.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    Options

I seriously had to google that. No clue. AOL was the hip thing.......

I thought everyone had a GeoCities page, and hung out in their chat rooms.....either there or Chatropolis. But then again, you AOL people lived in a walled garden. :tongue: :happy:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I would for sure, but distance is an issue.