Work in Progress: 31 pounds down in 3 months- w/ pics!

Options
I started my MFP journey 3 months ago and while I still have a great deal to go, decided to celebrate my first big milestone with some pictures.

My husband, a type 2 diabetic, found out in January that he was going to have to start on insulin injections. So scary! The doctor said with changes in eating habits and starting a regular exercise routine, he eventually could lower the doseage and may even go off it completely, but things would definitely have to change.

They did! Pronto!

Goodbye drive throughs! We stopped eating red meat, cut out most refined carbs and sugars, and started hitting the gym about 6 days a week. It was lots of baby steps in the beginning but as I worked out, I started wanting to work out harder and for longer. 30 minutes on the treadmill turned into 40, with steeper inclines. The treadmill turned into the elliptical. Once the weight started coming off, I wasn't as afraid of the weight machines as I had been when we first started. I added in leg presses and the rowing machines.

I'm 6'1" and my SW was 285lbs. CW 251. GW 180.

When I first got started (and who am I kidding, I still love them!) the success stories inspired me and showed that all of these people were real. We've got real lives, real schedules, real food dilemas. But with real work, comes real results! I've got a long way to go, but wanted to share my story thus far, hoping it will help encourage others who are starting out on their journeys.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

photo3_zpsbcb08a54.png

Sideview_zps7d50dcf0.jpg

face_zpsf37dd7eb.jpg

28030337.png

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!

Edited: to remove pictures. OP figured it out!!!
  • ejtj1234
    ejtj1234 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You look great, and so happy too, congrats! I hope to be able to follow in your example shortly. :)
  • cloverfield4
    cloverfield4 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! And I LOVE that dress! Congrats on your hard work paying off. I hear you on the success stories, these are definitely what help to propel me forward on days when I want to nom nom all the things.
  • CookieDoughYummy
    Options
    Amazing, you should be really proud of yourself :)
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! That's great!!!! Hard work and commitment pays off!
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and your hubs!!! You are well on your way :)
  • peacelovelose
    peacelovelose Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Love the dress! You look awesome!
  • Penchant4Words
    Options
    Thanks everybody!!! It feels so good shopping in the smaller sizes!
  • 540BamaBabe
    540BamaBabe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and the hubby - YALL ROCK!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Spadhnik
    Spadhnik Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    congrats... u r such a lovely couple!!
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the amazing work! Seeing people's results is sooo encouraging! Congrats!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!