Anyone worried about how youll look on your wedding day?

Options
I've lost 37lb altogether now, and most of the time I'm really happy with my progress. But thinking about my July wedding has filled me with dread, as I don't look as small as I had imagined I would when I set out on my journey 2 years ago.

Is anyone else worried about having photographs taken and about how you'll look in front of your friends and family?

I really want to just put my fears behind me and enjoy my big day! And I don't want to spend the next two months planning stressing about losing more either. Please help!

Replies

• dumbpink
    dumbpink Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Aw, I would really try not to worry about this. You've done a fantastic job already, and I'm sure you'll continue to do so until (and beyond) the wedding. I think sometimes its very difficult to know how you yourself really look, because you are so used to seeing yourself. I only realised how I looked to my loved ones when I saw them all at my hen party recently (we all live in different places so this was the first time some of them had seen me in months) - was so nice to get some compliments and feel the work has been worthwhile. You will look great on your big day, and your family and friends will be delighted to see the "new" you :) xx
  • BachMa2000
    BachMa2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in August and while I have been making steady progress I am not where I want to be and I am stressing about it. I wish I had some words of advice for you but I don't know how to make myself feel better with this issue. It seems like I am more critical of my body now than when I started my weightloss journey.
  • _caseyb
    _caseyb Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Definitely with you on this. I'm stressing about the dress. I ordered it two sizes smaller than I was and am totally freaked out that I may not make it. The woman who ordered the dress was going insane when I told her the size I wanted but it only gave me more motivation.
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey there samsie!! First off you look amazing! I have lost 39lbs in a year but still don't look like what I thought I would like when I started my journey. I look at myself and judge harder than anyone else but I have gotten a ton of compliments recently about how much I have lost and look so much better and healthier. I guess if others are seeing my progress for the better then I should start believing in what they are saying.
    Im sure we will look amazing on our big day. Mines in October so we both still have some time to work on our troubled areas to feel more confident when we have our pictures taken. I will be working on my upper arms (ya know that annoying little jiggle lol) so my one shoulder dress will look amazing! Other than that Im thinking everything else will be okay.
    Best of luck to ya in the next few months. Im sure everything will work out for the best.
  • charissh
    charissh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind replies everyone, glad I'm not alone in the worrying and really hope you guys all feel better soon. I think the photos make it worse, you only get one day if you know what I mean!
    I'm just gonna keep up my exercise and try and feel healthy in myself, and hope I feel better in myself on my big day.

And congratulations to everyone who is getting married :heart:
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi you!

I have my one wedding on October 5th, so I would love to team up with you.
    Add me :)

Kisses,
    Tatyanne
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Totally feeling you this!! I am getting married in September and just want to look and feel as good as I possibly can, have been working my butt off!!
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wedding dresses are designed to look good!
    I was in a good weight before the wedding and then the 2 weeks leading up to it I ate a lot because I was not in my routine. I got a bit chubby by the time the wedding happened, but looking at the photos you can barely tell.

I think you will look great, don't stress over it.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    First...you look good so shaddup :)

Second, no...you're the only person worried about this :)
  • CalistaBruno
    CalistaBruno Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You definitely aren't the only one worried about this. I gained a lot of weight over the Christmas holidays and I freaked out because my dress wouldn't zip up. I'm back on track now, but I won't be anywhere near where I wanted to be by my wedding day.

P.S. You look great. :flowerforyou:
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I did... I had my baby 8 months ago and when I went back to work, I struggled to lose the weight. My job was laying staff off left and right and with the baby in daycare, she was always and I mean always sick!. I tried so hard to lose weight and it didn't even budge! I didn't breast feed either and no matter how hard I tried, I still weighed the same as I did at 9 months pregnant. I was horrified! I had to get a bigger dress at the last minute. I ended up getting laid off in Feb and had to start looking for a new job. My wedding was scheduled for April (this Friday to be exact). I was so depressed. I just wanted to feel beautiful on my wedding day and never imagined I would be 40 pounds overweight. Anyhow... my point is that I became so obsessed on how I was going to look on that day that I was forgetting about what was important. I was going to be marrying the man of my dreams. But it didn't happen. I was so unhappy that he eventually called it off.... three weeks ago...
  • Ashaleet
    Ashaleet Posts: 59
    Options
    Yep. Getting married September 2015 so I have plenty of time but I'm totally stressing over it. It's my main motivator right now.