Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weigh In Day Help

I'm having a hard time deciding on what day I should weigh in on....Should it be Saturdays Or Mondays.

I like weighing on Mondays b/c of I feel like it will keep me more on track during the weekends! But I don't want it to bum me out!

What days do yall weigh in on and why??? And your input on what day I should!

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I do weigh in day on Friday. Monday does help you stay more accountable but it also got to the point where I was getting really frustrated because I never saw the scale move due to the increased sodium from weekends. Even though it wasn't a true gain.
  • angiemcgovern
    angiemcgovern Posts: 64 Member
    I weigh myself every day, keeping in mind that my weight will fluctuate throughout the week. I record my weight on Thursday only because that is the day we started the last fitness challenge at work so it sort of stuck.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    I weigh in on Mondays and Fridays. I like doing it twice a week because it's often enough that I can see how things are going without it being so often that I see the daily fluctuations.
  • I had my official weigh in day on Tuesday because it's when Biggest Loser airs so I am kind of weighing in with them. ;) but i tend to check my weight almost everyday. (i know this is bad, but can't seem to break the habit) Everyone has something that works best for them! Hope you find what works for you!!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Monday is my weigh in day, but it could've just as easily have been any other day in the week.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    I weigh myself on Saturday AND Sunday, then pick the lowest number. Always in the morning, after I use the restroom (including BM) and before I eat anything.
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    I weigh in on Tuesday mornings to give me one buffer day from the weekend :)
  • I do Wednesdays. I didn't like Mondays or Fridays and won't go near the scale on weekends. Wednesday seemed like a good day. Enough rebound from the weekend and a good starting point to line myself up for success for the weekend.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    I have a Saturday-Wednesday schedule at my work. So for me Thursday is my weigh in day because I want to see how I'm doing at the end of my week. It also allows me to keep up with myself and make sure I don't horde a bunch of food or go out to eat during my weekends. I want to remind myself what I'm doing and why.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    I weigh myself everyday, but I record on Monday. It has really helped keep me accountable over the weekend. I used to weigh in on Friday and I found myself really slacking on Friday and Saturday. Looking back now I might even call it a binge. The sodium alone was killer. If my weight is consistently down Tuesday, Wed. and Thurs. I'll usually record the Thursday number, but I always record on Monday. I find that weighing myself a couple of times a week at least lets me know where I'm at, especially in the sodium department, that is the one thing that effects the number the most day to day. I'd rather know where I'm going instead of waiting with anticipation until "THE day". If I can fight back and do something, I'd rather do that than feeling helpless. Plus, you have to know that you can't gain a whole pound in 24 hours, it has to be water. So, that way you know you aren't drinking enough, right? I also weigh in first thing in the morning, after the bathroom and before I eat. Naked, of course :blushing:
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    I rarely weigh myself. In fact, I don't even remember the last time I weighed in. :blushing: But when I was weighing regularly for another board that I was hosting (I no longer host there due to time issues.) I would do my weigh in on Sunday. I'm busy with school and clients Monday through Saturday so it was the only time I could take my time and do my weight, body fat, measurements, and any fitness assessment tests I wanted to do for my weigh in.
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Thanks yall for yalls input...I think I'm going to weigh in on fridays and mondays for awhile...and record Mondays weight...Bc in the past the weekends have been the killer for me!