Way under goal calories but close to bed time...

Options
It's 5 o'clock here...and I still have 735 calories left to eat...should I eat that much more only 5 hours before bedtime or stick to my 300 calorie meal?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Eat a normal meal followed by ice cream?

If you have that many calories extra, you might try to plan better if you know you're going to have alot of calories left, or eat foods that are more calorie dense. And yeah, I like to finish my day with a serving or two of ice cream.
  • Raggedy_Ann
    Options
    Maybe there's a healthy fat you could add tonight? Add some avocado or olive oil? Obviously I don't know your dinner plans but a pat of butter goes a long way!
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I tend to grab an apple and a spoonful of peanut butter or two if worried about being too far under. Eat your dinner as planned and see how you feel afterwards?
  • easjer
    easjer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    When you eat doesn't matter. Enjoy some dessert.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry? If so, eat!
    if not, don't sweat it too much. As long as it isn't a consistent everyday thing, it's not gonna hurt you, just like going over by 700 calories one day isn't going to hurt either.
  • lautour
    lautour Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry? If so, eat!
    if not, don't sweat it too much. As long as it isn't a consistent everyday thing, it's not gonna hurt you, just like going over by 700 calories one day isn't going to hurt either.

I agree. If appetite is chronically low then something may be going on. But otherwise, eating only when you actually want to is great!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    5 hours is in no way close to bedtime. Eat. Even if it was 5 minutes to bed time it wouldn't hurt you to eat.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Have a glass of milk with your dinner to add some extra calories. Or melt some cheese over your veggies.
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Go to bed under, weigh in the morning, and then have a HUGE breakfast!
  • chays84
    chays84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It was crazy busy at work today so I didn't have time to eat. Going to eat turkey and veggies for dinner...maybe if I'm still hungry I'll have a bedtime snack :)