strength traning exercises

Options
Hey all, Ive just started exercising and have been doing alot of cardio but Im looking to mix in some strength trainging as well. Any one have some beginner strength training dvd titles or youtube videos that would be good at home. thanks

Replies

• sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hey all, Ive just started exercising and have been doing alot of cardio but Im looking to mix in some strength trainging as well. Any one have some beginner strength training dvd titles or youtube videos that would be good. thanks

Are you looking to workout at home or at a gym?

If at home, there are some great body weight exercises/programs that you can follow to build your strength. You are Your Own Gym (I think) is one. Nia Shanks also has a body weight only program. I'm sure you can find both just by googling.

If you are planning on utilizing a gym, I highly recommend Startring Strength or Strong Lifts as programs to beginner strength building/training.
  • msurads06
    msurads06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you are planning to workout at home check out Nerd Fitness, their Beginner body weight work out is fairly simple/straight forward for someone just starting out and you dont need to buy any equipment!
  • aroberts713
    aroberts713 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to workout at home,with as little equipment as possible. I have like 5lb dumbbells but thats about it.
  • ragan4bama
    ragan4bama Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Check out the Julian Michaels DVDs. The 30 day shred or banish fat are awseome for using your own body weight... I'm not going to lie it is TOUGH!! But the more you do it the better you get! The first time I did one I couldn't make it through the session. You can watch some of them on youtube to give you an idea.