i've met my goal weight. buuut?

Options
hello all! happy belated holidays!!

after the chaos ive finally weighed in and merry christmas! i know how to eat right even during the holidays cuz i just met my goal weight! although im very proud of my hard hard work and determination (especially dealing with the criticism i've been getting from friends and family), should i add on another 5 pounds to lose? i do realize it does take work just to keep my goal weight, but i've got the drive for 5 more lb's. i checked a bmi chart and i'd still be in a healthy weight range for my height and sex if i were to lose the extra 5. or do you think i should stick to my goal and just really focus on toning and muscle mass? cuz i realize losing weight & toning are two different subjects.

the reason why i ask is because a lot of people become obsessed with weight loss and sometimes it's unhealthy. am i being jaded?

oh btw. im 5'4" and weight 125. haha and heres a pic of my belly. its the latest i have, it was actually to showcase my tattoo but two birds one stone.

166585_164396476939170_100001064561561_349662_6622687_n.jpg

.s.

Replies

• Kamille84
    Options
    Your tat and stomach look awesome! I say stick with maintaining. :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I think you should just stick with maintaining. :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'd stick with maintaining your current weight and just try to tone your muscles if you feel the need. You look great, I don't see any reason why you'd need to lose more. Give yourself some time to adjust to this new weight. I'm sure after a little while you'll be happy and comfortable right where you are.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. If you need to, I would go with the toning. As far as your weight, I think you've already hit your target. Congratulations! Embrace it!!!!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I think your body looks fantastic. I know a lot of people on this site would literally kill to have your body.

It's easy to think enough is never enough. I know that once I get to my goal weight, I might try to tack on 5 more pounds if I'm not happy with it. But take it from me and the others here. Your body looks fantastic and you definitely don't need to lose anymore.
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    completely agree with everyone on here...u look amazing and i think u should forget about the scale now and just work on ur toning like u said- although i think ur stomach looks pretty great already without anything else...but like i said forget about the scale and that number now that u have made it this far and just tone till it is where u want it to be
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    thanks for your honest input everyone! i guess i am being a lil rediculous and should just stick to toning. maybe i was just trying to get out of it? i dont know about you all but toning is a LOT harder work then just losing weight for me. it's easy to cut out certains things and eat right and keeping a diary and staying at your calorie targets, probably cuz i really don't have an attachment to food, but toning, weight lifting, running, staying motivated and getting to the gym is a lot harder in my opinion.

i did work out to get to my goal weight but to be honest, not that much. maybe it's cuz i'm a waitress and run around all day and have been working 10hour shifts for the past 2 1/2 weeks? so wish me luck then! i'll go for a run... maybe? tomorrow? hahaha jk im on my way out now.

thank you all! you are all rockstars in my opinion to even join a community that takes notice to things like health and taking good care of yourself and eachother!

.s.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone here too. I can also relate to your situation. I met my goal in the spring, then had some personal stress issues and lost an additional 10 pounds (not on purpose), but once there I have been maintaining. I am still at a healthy weight for my height (122 lbs, 5'6") In the last month or so I have been trying to do toning. I've just started jogging and really enjoy that so I'm doing that about 6 days a week along with some arm toning with small weights. This is the smallest I've been in my adult life, and I didn't think it was possible after having 3 kids, but now I want to continue with being healthy and to do that I need to keep up my jogging and toning.
    You look great...keep up the good work.
    :smile: