Running on the spot to minimize Easter damage?

Options
Hi Everyone!
So I need some advice and tips. Anything to get me through this weekend please! :)

So I am now home for Easter. I'll be home until Monday morning and the weekend will be filled with food that I can't avoid,lots of socializing/general inactivity and hopefully relaxation. That being said I will be definitely eating more than I have been and I certainly won't be at a deficit. I also won't be able to exercise. I was wondering what you guys thought of running on the spot? I know I won't have much time but maybe I could fit in 10 min a day? Do you think this would do anything to help keep me from gaining? The rest of the time I will be pretty sedentary. I am hoping to actually go shopping one day just to get in some walking lol.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    10 mins running on the spot might burn you 100 calories. Minimal compared to what you'll be eating. Keep your portions small, and enjoy Easter!
  • anna11033
    anna11033 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    why don't you go on a walk with your family? :) like a LOOONG LOOOONG 2 3 hour walk? :)
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Do you guys just sit and stare at eachother? Find some fun active things to do with the family. Walks, play with pets/young nieces and nephews, wake up early and take a morning jog. Lots of options.

Eat the tasty foods, just dont eat too much. Stop when you're full and drink lots of water.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    10 mins running on the spot might burn you 100 calories. Minimal compared to what you'll be eating. Keep your portions small, and enjoy Easter!

I have to full on run for a lot longer than 10 minutes to burn 100 calories. I'd say either just enjoy the week or do some actual exercise.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Why would you run on the spot... why not go for an actual run around your neighbourhood?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Why would one day of family and food cause any damage at all?
  • rainbowxelephant
    rainbowxelephant Posts: 71 Member
    Options

This guy knows what's up. Slow clap for this guy. :)

Enjoy the holiday, eat good food and good treats from the Easter bunny. Be happy you can be with family. I'm spending Easter alone with my daughter, 1200kms away from home and my family, and my fiance is away at work. Just be grateful and have fun!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

i came in wondering what kind of activity you do on easter that causes damage (some sort of jesus reenactment thing maybe?).
    come to find out youre talking about FOOD.

sounds like a great day to me. dont stress it....enjoy it!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Just run while eating.
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Any exercise is good! You could always try some high knees, squats, crunches, etc. But like other people are saying, one day of indulgence is not going to ruin you. Enjoy yourself!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I would suggest chewing up all the delicious foods and then spitting them out like chewing tobacco. That way it feels like you're enjoying them... but you're not.

(a joke)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy your day and get back to it the following day. A couple of days don't undo what you've done
  • ovi212
    ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ok well....for me it is more like 4 days...and my parents are not supportive of my diet/new lifestyle so I will get #^$% for going out to exercise.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I know talk is cheap and it's easy to say "eat mindfully" but still it stands...Running may help but as much if you eat lot more than you burn...

During last Thanksgiving, I got my sis-in-law to take a 3 mile run every day. It was not just about "minimizing damage" but it also strenghened the bond between us. I miss those running days with her and can't wait for next holiday visit. :)
  • vikagrace101
    Options
    you have to reword your self every ones in a while. don't worry about it and enjoy yourself. it's not like one day can mess up everything you accomplished. so my advice is go and enjoy yourself, with out even thinking about your diet for the day
  • Ramen237
    Ramen237 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

i came in wondering what kind of activity you do on easter that causes damage (some sort of jesus reenactment thing maybe?).
    come to find out youre talking about FOOD.

sounds like a great day to me. dont stress it....enjoy it!

^^^^ I laughed so hard :)))

But seriously, try to enjoy yourself and not worry TOO much about all the yummy food :) Don't do what Blondi suggests (LOL). That seems just a little excessive.

What's the worst that could happen? Just be extra active the following week, and you'll work the extra calories off. Don't stress over the time you get to spend with your family, try to enjoy every moment :)

Happy Easter!
  • unclehammy
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    So I need some advice and tips. Anything to get me through this weekend please! :)

So I am now home for Easter. I'll be home until Monday morning and the weekend will be filled with food that I can't avoid

Since I think it's safe to assume that no one in your family is going to tie you up, blend up food and pour it down your throat, let's throw out the "can't avoid" misnomer. If you choose not to avoid all that food, then make that choice, be happy with it and enjoy your weekend. If you can't be happy with it, then don't eat it.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    ok well....for me it is more like 4 days...and my parents are not supportive of my diet/new lifestyle so I will get #^$% for going out to exercise.

Who cares? Ignore whatever **** they give you and do it anyway. You're an adult, act like one.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Why not eat smaller portions and take an evening walk? You've posted about this once before, and i feel like you got some good advice. Eat a little less than you did last year, and stop stressing.