getting older and planning on being smaller

Options
I had stopped by here 2 years ago now, and I didn't fallow through with any plans. So much was going on in my life. A lot of medical problems and an end to a 32 year marriage. My life kind of got out of control. I gained weight. I am now at 292 I am 51 years old and 5' 11. Just had a knee replaced and i am up on it without the walker. So I will be moving but doing it pretty slow. I have always been a creatures of habit and eating the same food a few days in a row is OK with me. I have planned my menu that will run one week at a time. This also makes it easy for my shopping and staying with in my numbers. I know some people would hate this but for me I enjoy the repattion. So I am here for support and to give my support. So hello to all my future friends. Thanks for reading Vickie.

Replies

• majomi1579
    Options
    HI Vicky, I am also in my 50s with medical problems. I weigh 247. When I started 3 weeks ago, I weighed 257. Things are happening - slowly but surely. My blood sugar was high, blood pressure was high, cholesterol was high, have a hypo thyroid, etc. I decided that it was time... So if you need support, feel free to be friends. I need all of the friends I can get!!!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome girls!

I'm 48, and (knock on wood) doing ok health wise. I started making changes a few years ago when my cholestorol and weight were creeping up.

Would be happy to help if I can.

Nancy
  • vickie0224
    vickie0224 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great, way to go on your loss. I also have thyroid problems( mine was radiated, so I have none). I had a hysterictomy 2 years ago. And the pound just poured on. How do you plan you menu? Thanks Vickie
  • vickie0224
    vickie0224 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What did you lose? Any advise on menu planning? Thanks Vickie