Why do I feel sort of stoned and tingly?

Options
2»

Replies

• jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    Thanks everyone it certainly doesn't feel like I need to seea doctor but the low blood sugar would make total sense andi could be slightly dehydrated.that's great thank you very much.

Healthy people don't get low blood sugar levels. Don't come here complaining about a medical problem, then reject people's suggestion that you seek legitimate medical advice.

Healthy people certainly DO get low blood sugar levels, especially when making a rapid and radical change to a diet and exercise regimen. Usually upping calorie and/or water intake will remedy the problem, but OP can do as she pleases with whatever advice is given. Don't get all butthurt just because she didn't take yours.
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. This is not normal.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Ditto low blood sugar ( I have non-diabetic hypoglcemia) and seeing your MD!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone it certainly doesn't feel like I need to seea doctor but the low blood sugar would make total sense andi could be slightly dehydrated.that's great thank you very much.

Healthy people don't get low blood sugar levels. Don't come here complaining about a medical problem, then reject people's suggestion that you seek legitimate medical advice.

Wow, hangry much? Healthy people DO get low blood sugar. It's what signals us to eat. Derp.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options

Wow, hangry much? Healthy people DO get low blood sugar. It's what signals us to eat. Derp.

So you're saying the OP is confusing hunger with feeling stoned? I know the two go together, but the sensations are definitely different How often do your cheeks get tingly and your eyes buzz when you're hungry? Doesn't sound like a normal bodily reaction to me, but I am no MD. That is why I suggest the OP go to the doctor but I don't care if the OP decides to self-diagnose.

When I mentioned low blood sugar, I was refering to that of a diabetic person, not the very small fluctuation a healthy person has. Clarity can be a problem sometimes on the internet, and people go nuts over it. There is no benefit in just assuming you are healthy and continuing your life as if you aren't getting blazed out of your mind on fruits and nuts. I will continue to suggest the OP seeks advice from trained professionals instead of a few people who lost some weight on a message board.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

So you're saying the OP is confusing hunger with feeling stoned? I know the two go together, but the sensations are definitely different How often do your cheeks get tingly and your eyes buzz when you're hungry? Doesn't sound like a normal bodily reaction to me, but I am no MD. That is why I suggest the OP go to the doctor but I don't care if the OP decides to self-diagnose.

When I mentioned low blood sugar, I was refering to that of a diabetic person, not the very small fluctuation a healthy person has. Clarity can be a problem sometimes on the internet, and people go nuts over it. There is no benefit in just assuming you are healthy and continuing your life as if you aren't getting blazed out of your mind on fruits and nuts. I will continue to suggest the OP seeks advice from trained professionals instead of a few people who lost some weight on a message board.

Nope. Read my post again. And no one here told OP NOT to go to a doctor, so your knickers are in a twist over nothing.
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    oi i get that when i don't drink water, only i spaz out and think im dying :laugh:
  • Predat0r1502
    Predat0r1502 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You have an STD on your cheeks.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    WebMD says: "There are 34 conditions associated with numbness or tingling (face)..."
    Source: http://goo.gl/SDYTLF

Definitely consult a doctor and not random strangers on MFP.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I had similar symptoms in 2012-13, it turned out I needed brain surgery. Don't self diagnose, don't let MFPers diagnose you. See your doctor.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    are you maybe just stoned?
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Well I drank extra water and ate a bit more and feel fine today, sorry some people chose to get a bit wound up about it all, thanks for all the advice and if it had felt serious I'm intelligent enough to go to the doc I was simply asking if it was a common thing maybe to do with the body detoxing, that's why I posted, turns out a bit extra food and water works wonders. Thanks peeps :)
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I had similar symptoms in 2012-13, it turned out I needed brain surgery. Don't self diagnose, don't let MFPers diagnose you. See your doctor.

I'm really sorry to hear that! I hope you're ok now? :(
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Could be hyperventilation, low glucose levels, thyroid issues, food allergies or any number of things. Best to go see a Dr.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options

I have diabetes and am extremely healthy..
  • sliprose
    sliprose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The mention of quorn jumped out of me because I remember reading of people having health problems associated with this food. I have no idea if it's causing you problems, but it might be one of the first things I'd cut out to see if it helps get rid of your symptoms. Do a google search.

Here's a link I found:
    http://cspinet.org/new/201112011.html
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Well I drank extra water and ate a bit more and feel fine today, sorry some people chose to get a bit wound up about it all, thanks for all the advice and if it had felt serious I'm intelligent enough to go to the doc I was simply asking if it was a common thing maybe to do with the body detoxing, that's why I posted, turns out a bit extra food and water works wonders. Thanks peeps :)

Water is what does it for me, i often dont drink enough before/during workouts but feel fine after i re-hydrate.
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Good news, then! I get low blood sugar when I eat lunch late-- I don't get tingly, but I do get spacey. So spacey I can't concentrate on my work, so I *have* to go eat lunch asap or I don't get anything done.