trying to lose baby fat after 2yrs lol

Options
Hello, hopefully I can find some other mothers out there who have found it hard to lose weight after baby number three but have succeeded in the long run! I have never had a problem losing weight until the third child :( So Im gonna give this a try and see if it helps motivate me to eat better :)

Replies

• lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a really great site. I am a mother of 3 boys, 11, 8 1/2 and almost 5. I initially lost the weight I think because I was just so busy with all the kids and everything and then when it calmed down a bit I slowly put the weight back on. That's when I found this site and it has really helped me keep track of what I was eating. I was surprised at how many calories were in everything I was eating and once I got that under control I was able to lose weight along with exercising. I met my goal at the beginning of this year and then lost some more weight and have been maintaining since the summertime. Now I am trying to tone so I have just started jogging and lifting small weights to tone my arms.

Good luck with your weight loss goals :smile:
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I have 2! I've tried before to lose but always stop trying in the winter. Not this year! Feel free to add me. :wink:
  • poetlba
    Options
    Lindora's Protein days!!!

I coached a friend of mine who wanted to lose her last 4lbs of baby weight and couldn't get them off for 2 years. She did 3 protein days, based on the Lindora program and lost them.

How much weight do you want to lose? I highly recommend the Lindora program. I've been on the clinical program (where you got to the Lindora clinic daily) for the last 3 months and i've lost 40 lbs so far.

If you're committed, you can buy the at-home program for 40$$ and stick to it. On average, if you have a lot of weight to lose, you can lose about 15 -20 lbs a month on this program. if you have less weight to lose, you'll lose 5-15 lbs a month, depending on how lean you already are.

Protein days mean you only eat lean beef, chicken breast, lean fish, low fat cottage cheese/yogurt, sugar free jello, low fat or fat free string cheese, atkins protein shakes, and high portein/low carb bars. do this for 3 days, MAX 4 days to get your body into fat burning mode. Avoid carbs like bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, chips, beans, nuts for 1 month. And after your initial 3 protein days, do 1 protein day a week for the month that you've cut out carbs. Watch and see how wonderfully you lose all the weight!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    LOL don't feel too bad I am barely losing all the weight I gained with my first kid and she is almost 11 years old!!!!
  • carrieann8080
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have 2 girls 3 and 6....both were c-section which was hard on the body! Feel free to ad me :)
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have been trying to lose baby weight since my youngest was born, and that was 8 yrs ago! I am determined that 2011 will be the year I succeed. Feel free to add me as a friend. I know I can use all the support I can get. :)
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have three kids two boys 10 and 5 and one girl 3. I literally doubled my weight with my first one then lost a little in between. I didn't gain tons of weight with my second , he was a small baby 5lbs 9oz., I lost all of my weight with him but my third was a different story, I gained more with her than with my second but I had a hard time losing and I think I gained more weight after I had her so here I am trying to lose it.
  • Maghenta
    Maghenta Posts: 100
    Options
    HOney I been trying to lose my baby fat for the past 5 years! almost 6... LOL. I guess it took me all this time to finally get motivated and realize how many EXTRAS, ( as I call them!) I've been carrying around...... :embarassed: