Do you have more energy?

Options
Since you've lost weight do you have more energy? I always feel tired and sluggish.

Replies

• brzflapdx
    brzflapdx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am starting to definitely see an uptick in my energy since I started eating less and healthier. Also, increasing my physical activity has helped, which has only included walking, no intense workouts yet. I hope to continue to see improvements in all of these areas.
  • LaurenDanielle014
    LaurenDanielle014 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes! But I saw a huge difference in my energy within a week or two of changing my diet. I was consuming way too much processed foods and sodium before .. Once I switched to veggies and fruit and protein i really saw a difference.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,971 Member
    Options
    Much, much more energy! I have a hard time sitting still now (until I collaspe in a heap at the end of a long day) .
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I do have more energy.

I have been moderating my eating since September 2013 (this time) and over all I have more energy.

If I eat a lot of highly refined carbs (junk food - take away, lots of biscuits, cakes etc - white flour products, high sugar content refined foods) I definitely feel more sluggish.

Fresh food works better as a fuel for my body these days, although a bit of good quality carbs - rice or complex grainy breads work okay as well.

When I started exercising in earnest (January 2014 - I had a knee injury prior) I noticed my need for real fuel increased markedly - I
    upped my calories as I was feeling tired after exercise, this improved my well being and now I always eat about an hour and a half before I swim if I am doing this first thing in the day. Swimming too soon after eating for me, isn't comfortable.

I base my energy needs on the TDEE minus 30% (I have a lot of weight to lose, smaller loses they reckon only should be minus 20%) and then I eat back some of my exercise calories - on some days more than others because I can get quite ravenous after vigorous movement.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!