Flat Bench Press - NSV

Options
skeo
skeo Posts: 471 Member
yahhahaha! I finally moved up in weight on the flat bench press! :bigsmile:

Last night after a warm up of just the bar for 1x10; I added weight did 2x10 @ 65lbs; then added more weight and did...
2x10 @ 75lbs
2x8 @ 95lbs
2x5 @ 105lbs

105lb is what I usually stall at, but last night it felt light, so I added more

2x5 @ 110lbs; after I pressed this, I sat up and took a deep breath, looked back at the bar, and mentally told myself that "try to load up the 35lb plates, you're only 2.5lbs away; and then a small voice in me said, that's an extra 5lbs, you CAN'T do it."

I stood up and took off the 25, 5, & 2.5lb plates and put a 35 in it's place; asked someone to help spot me, and I pressed out 2 full range reps..I cried a little on the inside. :cry: my goal in 3 months is to bench 135! :embarassed:

Replies

• RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Way to go! You'll be benching 135 in no time. :)
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    great job! Never doubt yourself you will be surprised what you can handle!!!!! Congrats!
  • jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm about to start lifting and can't wait till I get to where you are at!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Nice work!
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I was pretty excited, and I hit a new PR on my deadlifts too..215..yoot! Almost at 4 plates!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Damn, that's so awesome! Congrats!
  • BiggMikeSurf
    BiggMikeSurf Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bravo.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!