50 pounds in 52 weeks

Options
This is my goal for the new year. My weight has been steadily going up since I had my kids. With knee problems and back problems the extra weight is just making life painful. So I am starting on a new journey to loose 50 pounds in 52 weeks. Until Jan 1 I am working on trying out a new way of eating (4 meals of 350cals a day) and drinking a lot more water. I know there will be weeks that are less then optimal and there will be some that are amazing. I am just determined to get and stay healthy for myself and as a role model for my 2 young daughters.

Replies

• kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can do it!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    sounds great. that is totally doable too.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Good for you! My weight loss goal for the new year is to lose 53 pounds to finally be "overweight". (Though, to be honest, I'd rather have another baby than reach that goal... still I figure I might as well keep working towards the weight loss too though!)
  • tubbymama
    Options
    I have found in the past that weight loss is extremely difficult while I am breastfeeding. I am the complete opposite of most, my body hang on to weight while I am nursing. I *wish* I was one of those for whom the weight drops off with BFing. So that is another added wrench in the system. I have put my calorie goal per day at 1200 a day. I used MFP before and found that I was usually consuming about 2000 a day, so cutting calories will already be a huge help.

Any other BFing Mama's out there with the same problem?
  • NBgnnngs
    Options
    Welcome and goodluck. There is alot of support from this community. Happy New Year.. May it be tons of Happiness that follows.