Stretch Marks?

Options
How do you get rid of your stretch marks once you have went down to the size you want? I have them on my legs and sides and I want to know some tips on how to make them less visible or go away completely.

Replies

• Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    They do lighten with time, but never go away. Sorry :-(
  • Cardio_Cutie
    Options
    Iam in the same boat as you!!! I have stretch marks and would love to get rid of them XD
  • lemur933
    lemur933 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would suggest bio-oil myself. I've used it for various scars with good results on fading the discoloration.
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I know its terrible for you, but tans always "hide" them a bit
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    learn to embrace them. they are scars from your past struggles and victory over them.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    They will fade, but you will have them forever.
    The only thing that will get rid of stretch marks is physically having that area of skin removed through surgery.
    Even laser treatment doesn't really work, according to most reputable dermatologists.
  • impemberstar
    impemberstar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    learn to embrace them. they are scars from your past struggles and victory over them.

Amen, lady! We are tigers who have earned their stripes!
  • Cardio_Cutie
    Options
    hmmm a tan? Xd its for me to tan as it is. So its gonna be hard for me to get rid of them
  • detarrevo
    detarrevo Posts: 45
    Options
    I would suggest bio-oil myself. I've used it for various scars with good results on fading the discoloration.

My mom used this on her actual scars and my aunt on her stretch marks, they both gave this oil good reviews also.
  • Kaylee_F93
    Options
    Do you know where to get bio oil? Do I have to go to a health store or can I go to like Wal-Mart and get it? And do you have a guess around price like $10 and below or $11 and above?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Do you know where to get bio oil? Do I have to go to a health store or can I go to like Wal-Mart and get it? And do you have a guess around price like $10 and below or $11 and above?
    You can get it at any old drugstore, at Walmart it runs about $15 fora 4.2oz bottle depending on location of course.
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've used Bio-oil for stretchmarks and it did seem to make them fade a little. Unfortunately the result didn't seem to last - but the stretchmarks themselves got 'silvery' over time and faded on their own a bit.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    They do lighten with time, but never go away. Sorry :-(

Sadly, this.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine on MFP shared her recipe, its mango butter, jojoba oil, and emu oil. I melted them all togehter on low heat in a double boiler then poured it all into a jar. I've been using it on my INSANE stretch marks for a few months now and they are less noticeable but like everyone has already said they will NEVER go away. Check out emu oil though, its spendy but is amazing when it comes to healing.

And I agree with tanning, but I use spray tan in the summer. Won't give you skin cancer and still camoflages the stretch marks.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,576 Member
    Options
    How do you get rid of your stretch marks once you have went down to the size you want? I have them on my legs and sides and I want to know some tips on how to make them less visible or go away completely.
    A stretch mark is an actual scar. Scars NEVER go away, but some creams and cover ups can lighten the appearance.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I wish lightening them was my issue. After losing so much weight, by main issue is that my stretch marks no longer have stretch. They look more like tiny river valleys. Sadly, there's not a whole lot that can be done for stretch marks. As ninerbuff pointed out, they're actual scars and never really go away.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Get a beautiful ink portrait around them :3
  • Kaylee_F93
    Options
    I have heard that Cocoa Butter helps? Does it? or is that just a myth?
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Only if you buy the actual sticks and are willing to massage them in daily.
    Edit: Multiple times a day. Basically, you'll be more slippery than an oil wrestler.
  • Kaylee_F93
    Options
    Only if you buy the actual sticks and are willing to massage them in daily.
    Edit: Multiple times a day. Basically, you'll be more slippery than an oil wrestler.
    Haha. Oh. :P I could slip through tiny spaces! Haha.