Can I Have Coffee?

Options
leep917
leep917 Posts: 40 Member
I've cut coffees and sweets and stuff like that out of my diet. But I have a huge craving for an iced coffee. I wanted to know if its 'bad' or considered a 'cheat food' for a small iced coffee with skim milk.

Replies

• TomZot
    TomZot Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It's fine. Just log the calories and enjoy it.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yes, I insist!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Have all the coffee you want. Just remember, calories in vs. calories out. As long as you work it off, you'll be fine. Starbucks lists all calories for every drink so don't be afraid, just log it and enjoy!
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Coffee is actually pretty good for you. I don't see how one small iced coffee is much of a problem. I can't imagine it would blow your calories for the whole day, so have one and enjoy it! :)
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Coffee is fine, just watch the crap you put in it.... although you can really have ANYTHING you want... just remember.. caloric deficit.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    May you?

Yes, you may.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you evaluate why you are eliminating foods you enjoy out of your diet.

You can have an iced coffee if you can manage to fit it into your calorie and macronutrient goals.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    If it fits in my calories for the day, I eat it.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    whoever told you that you couldn't have coffee? you need to high five them. in the face. with a brick.

I can understand cutting out the fru-fru coffees that have all the add-ons. but if I went without coffee? the world would be a dark, bloody place filled with sobbing and screams.
  • Heir0fFir3
    Heir0fFir3 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Coffee is fine. Lets face it, if you make it strong enough you'll have no problem burning it off
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every morning.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    IMO, coffee in any form is required daily. Just log your calories and enjoy.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you evaluate why you are eliminating foods you enjoy out of your diet.

You can have an iced coffee if you can manage to fit it into your calorie and macronutrient goals.
    I've missed you, you handsome man :flowerforyou:
  • rainbowxelephant
    rainbowxelephant Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    May you?

Yes, you may.

This is what I was thinking. Of course you CAN, unless something is physically preventing you from going to the shop.

Honestly though, people are seriously disordered in the way they look at food (and this is coming from someone who's struggled with an eating disorder for over a decade..) Of course you can have a coffee if you want, why the hell not? Coffee is quite good for you!! Just don't add ten teaspoons of sugar with a cup of fatty cream haha
  • rainbowxelephant
    rainbowxelephant Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've cut coffees and sweets and stuff like that out of my diet. But I have a huge craving for an iced coffee. I wanted to know if its 'bad' or considered a 'cheat food' for a small iced coffee with skim milk.

And in regards to whether it's BAD or a CHEAT FOOD, I'm fairly sure that only YOU can decide what constitutes a cheat food.. well, drink, unless you're munching on the grinds :P

If you like coffee drink it. If not, drink it anyway. It has antioxidants and **** in it. Good stuff
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    hahahaha Someone just try and take my morning coffee away from me!

With that said I no longer put sugar in my coffee. Just a bit of lowfat milk, often whipped up so its nice and frothy. I used to drink my coffee with lots of cream and sugar, but it was a ton of calories and now I only do that on occasion.
  • hospitablegirl
    hospitablegirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Coffee is fine and I've read a few studies about the benefits of caffeine on your metabolism. Just be careful with the sugar and creamer, those are my weaknesses.
  • tattsb4u
    tattsb4u Posts: 30
    Options
    Every morning I have my iced coffee and log it. I make it from scratch....full cup of ice, coffee and I measures 1/4 cup of French Vanilla non fat creamer. The first 3 or 4 sips make my day...it also doesn't set me into crazy sweets mode. Make it yourself, log it and enjoy it!
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every day (Fridays are my Starbucks day....iced coffee unsweetened with Skim milk and an add shot of espresso), just watch the sugar and things you add to it but really some coffee with skim milk there is nothing wrong with. Just log it and enjoy :flowerforyou:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I loooooveee coffee