ME VS. ICE CREAM

Options
My #1 guilty pleasure without a doubt is ice cream. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's so crazy, thats why I don't even keep it in my house. I just can't say no to it. Whats funny is I don't even like sweets that much, but something about ice cream. I know it will sabotage any weight loss efforts that I put it. I even tried eating low-fat, sugar-free, ice cream, but I just can't seem to moderate the amount I eat............I can quit it for a while but then once I eat it once, I'm back on it again. Does anyone else have a food that does that to them? LOL :noway:

Replies

• Floricienta
    Options
    CHOCOLATE! I just ate a whole kg in a day, a couple of weeks ago. I know, terrible, I can't just have a piece, I eat it until it's gone. That's why I try not to buy any. lol
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have that same problem, too. The only way I can get around it is to just not keep it in the house. When my son wants ice cream, we go out for a cup or cone and I take a few bites and he eats the rest! I love ice cream.
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Chocolate or salty foods.....

If you want an alternative to ice cream.....I get one graham cracker and break it in half and put 2 scoops of lite frozen cool whip...It makes a good ice cream sandwhich
  • nolafitchick
    nolafitchick Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mine is ice cream also!! and now I REALLY want's some, thanks :wink:
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Bread. Any kind of bread. I love it. I don't cook dinner rolls (or biscuits or anything like that) because my son will eat 2 and I will eat 2. And when he goes upstairs to do his homework, goes outside to play with the dogs, goes anywhere where he can't see me, I will sit there and slowly and methodically go through every single one of them til they're gone. It's beyond ridiculous. lol!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I scream, you scream, we ALL scream for ICE CREAM!!!!!! Can't keep it in the house at all. Thought I had gotten over that little problem and picked up a half gallon a while back of Double Chocolate. Had a little scoop....hey no problemo, or so I thought. :tongue: Sad to say Ice cream 1 Me 0. Ate the whole darn thing in a day. Not going to do that again anytime soon!

Second on the list of no-no's Salty.

After that is Pastas.
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Mine is cookies, I to am not crazy about sweets but cookies drive me mad! My mother in law gave me this idea you might like it. Ice cream sandwich swap : take Graham crackers (2) and one serving of cool whip, spread it, wrap them up and freeze....when you need a fix take it out and enjoy!
  • robyn0629
    Options
    I've made those before using chocolate graham crackers and my family Loved them!!!
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    i'm with you...I love ice cream! It's soo yummy!!! Since it's been chilly, i haven't even thought about it but the truth is that we haven't had any in the house for months. I threw it out and during the season, i brought in fresh berries, plain unsweetened yogurt, & raw local honey! it's to die for!! a smoothy of that i mean! and it's all good for us! so the switch wasn't hard at all. 1-2 cups yogurt, 1-2 cups frozen fresh berries, & 1/4 c honey...blend in the blender...yum!
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bread. Any kind of bread. I love it. I don't cook dinner rolls (or biscuits or anything like that) because my son will eat 2 and I will eat 2. And when he goes upstairs to do his homework, goes outside to play with the dogs, goes anywhere where he can't see me, I will sit there and slowly and methodically go through every single one of them til they're gone. It's beyond ridiculous. lol!

LOL me too!
  • robyn0629
    Options
    I've made those before using chocolate graham crackers and my family LOVED them!!!
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    French Fries. LOL.... I don't have much of a sweet tooth, it's the salt. I go crazy for it!

Oddly though, as I continue to eat healthier, I crave the fries less and less. Now when I have some, it doesn't seem to give me the same satisfaction anymore. I swear my taste buds have changed. When I walk through Whole Foods, all those healthy frou-frou stuff I used to say BLEGH to... now I'm like... 'that looks kinda tasty. maybe i'll try it.' hahaha....

Of course, I'm sure some would argue that it's probably my emotional relationship with food changing. ;)

(btw, mcdonalds french fries IN ice cream? it was my fave when i was a lil kid. hahahaa....)
  • robyn0629
    Options
    Mine is cookies, I to am not crazy about sweets but cookies drive me mad! My mother in law gave me this idea you might like it. Ice cream sandwich swap : take Graham crackers (2) and one serving of cool whip, spread it, wrap them up and freeze....when you need a fix take it out and enjoy!

I've made those before using chocolate graham crackers and my family LOVED them!!!
  • luvdaisy
    luvdaisy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can't get enough of peanut butter. I will put it on everything-apples, celery, wraps with sliced bananas or eat it by the spoonfuls. I have a serious problem lol. I no longer keep it in my house:-)
  • SabrinaM85
    Options
    Well, basically ANY food does that to me. Chocolate, ice cream, chips, french fries... yep! This is why I am a fat kid!! haha. It's all about trying to find your balance. Don't deprive yourself of things you love, but learn to not over indulge also.
  • amysambora
    Options
    I'm with you on the ice cream! No self control whatsoever. I try not to keep it in the house, or I try to buy the individually wrapped ones on sticks. Having to go back to unwrap a second one is enough of a deterrent - it's much different than having the tub sitting in front of you!

I'm a chocolate fiend too, although I can exercise a little more self control there.
  • jparson714
    jparson714 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with ice cream too! WW has a 100 calorie ice cream container. It's small, but when I really need a little ice cream, it satisfies the craving. I found that if I try to cut ice cream out completely, I'll only find a way to over indulge.
    I love the graham cracker and cool whip recipe... will def have to try!
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    meanwhile, i JUST got an email for a free ice cream at cold stone creamery. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! lol...