Hi All!

Sincidius
Sincidius Posts: 8
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Sincidius. I am in the USAF. I am married with two children. Here's a basic summary of what happened.

In 2004 I was a very fit 175 lbs. I was thin, but had a great tone body. I had just relocated to a new base and started working out with some other people at the gym. The problem was that they had goals of becoming huge. I started lifting larger weights than I was comfortable with, but did because of the assurance that I was doing things great from my gym buddies and figured they knew what they were talking about. Turn out that they didn't and eventually I started to have minor injuries. I tried to work through them until one day while trying to get out of bed, I felt a shart pain in my back. I couldn't move.
It got worse from there. I waited two weeks and tried to go back to the gym, but all my minor injuries and my back wouldn't let me do anything. I decided to take a break, for a month, then a year, then a few years. I eventually reached 230lbs and decided I needed to do something. I didn't want to be a fat dad. I started working out, but results were slow if any at all. I needed a way to watch what I eat & keep track of my diet & exercise. Thats where this site comes in.
I found this app on my Android phone and decided to give it a try. So far, I have been very great. I'm just starting out but I've felt better in the past few days than I have in years. I plan to get to 170 again, but this time I just want to be healthy. I don't need to lift cars.

Replies

• thinkinkat1234
    thinkinkat1234 Posts: 4 Member
    you can add me
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Hey and welcome. Tracking is a great way to keep your diet in check and eventually it will come naturally to where you wont need it anymore. Good luck on your program and feel free to add me as well.
  • Thanks for all the welcomes guys! Well, first week pretty good. Down to 206.5! I did set an aggressive calorie intake goal and have missed it a few days due to the new years, but I've averaged around 200 calories over each day, to make 1800. Still not to bad if I do say so myself. I have set up a good mix of cardio & weight training for 5 days a week for an hour each day. Hope for more results like this. Maybe not this good, but progress is a slow process!
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Welcome! In my case it was three knee surgeries in 5 years that kept me from exercising and I gained 40 pounds. Now that I'm healthy I can finally get the exercise I need. Your story is a good one....I need to remember that I don't need to be superman either. Feel free to add me if you want a friend.
This discussion has been closed.