Crossfit & Calorie Counting please help

Options
Hi all,

I started Crossfit just over a yet ago, and I genuinely love it!!! I train 3-5 times a week, but I'm finding that I'm no longer losing weight? In fact, I'm now 10lb heavier than when I started!!!

I'm hungry a lot and I'm wondering if I'm get the balance of calories right? Can anyone advise how many I should be having per day while training? Or does anyone have any advice as I've got at least 2st (28lbs) still to lose.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Not nearly enough information.............but you have 2 options (numbers should be similar)

For 28 pounds.....use MFP & set your weekly goal to 1 pound a week. Log exercise & eat 50% of those calories back. The 50% is because MFP guesstimates tend to generous.

Pounds per week
    Between 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs range

OR use a TDEE calculator (which already includes exercise) .....and take 500 calories (7x500=3500....1 pound a week)....off the top

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

TDEE is great because it averages the calories out....you eat the same # everyday.
  • sbenner17
    sbenner17 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Is your strength going up? A lot of times, you are building muscle-which is a good thing, but you may not see what you want to see on the scale. Wait a few weeks, make sure you are tracking everything you eat, hopefully you will start seeing a difference at the scale.
    I was going through the same issues when I started Crossfit, but I have noticed that my strength is increasing (with my muscle mass) and now I am finally shredding inches and pounds.