losing a jean size..

Options
i'm just curious how long or how much weight it took before you lost a jean size? I realize that everyone is different.. but i'm just curious because one of my biggest goals is to fit into a pair of jeans that is far too small for me!

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I lost 17lbs and went down two jeans sizes. The jeans I buy aren't sized like 2, 4, 6, etc... though. I went from a 28 to a 26. I guess that's waist or hip size. I'm not sure how that translates into regular sizes.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I lost about 75 lbs total and went from an Old Navy pant size 14-16 to 2. That said, I didn't really start dropping sizes until I'd lost the first 35 ish lbs or so. Seemed like an eternity before I started needing new clothes, then like I was constantly having to replace them!
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I also want to lose a jean size to get into a few pairs of my jeans and then a further jean size to get into goal skinny jeans!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I wore a size 22 from my highest weight (307 lb) all the way down to about 240-250 lb, and then went straight into a size 18.

Lately though it changes much faster. I wore a size 16 at 200 lb and now most of my 14s are getting big at 186 lb. A couple of 12s work but not all of them yet.
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I dropped 13lbs and 2 inches in hips/thighs from a 6/8 to a comfortable 4.
  • rebalee8
    rebalee8 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My experience (having been a lot of different sizes) is that it depends a lot on what the sizes you're going between are. The larger the sizes, the more pounds between them.

For example for me, to go from a 20 to an 18 takes ~15 pounds, a 14 to a 12 takes ~10 and from a 10 to an 8 take around ~8 pounds.

I was going to say that there's probably a minimum somewhere, since it's unlikely someone could drop a size while only losing a quarter pound... but then, upon further thought, if one is actively working on reworking body composition, technically, it's possible to drop a size without losing any weight (or even gaining)... so that's not true.
  • xero2099
    xero2099 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    when I started i was a size 50 , I hate clothes shopping so I waited until my friends started to joke around with me that I was swimming in my clothes before I started replacing stuff in the 5 months I have been going Ive dropped two pant sizes and am now a 46 and my went from a 4xl shirt to a 2xl shirt. it has been great to see the weight drop but now it is killing my wallet lol
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Pretty much none, I've lost inches off my waist and only 3 pounds in well over a month but I've been working out a lot and have a lot to lose :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was in a tight 16...

I have lost 50lbs...and I wear a size 5/6

ETA: so for me it's been 10 sizes...but that being said I lost 3lbs only and went down a size in my dresses...
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Inches lost more than pounds.....I dropped a full size without losing anything on the scale - but inches were coming off. Tape measure is better than scale for progress.

Overall I've gone from a size 12 to a size 4 (or 2 or 6, depending on brand) after losing 26lbs.
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    for me, its been 10 pounds means belt tightening, a total of twenty for another pants size.
  • rutheglen
    rutheglen Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a pair of jeans at the moment, that back in January, when I visited family in the uk, were tight - as in I had to suck in to do them up. Today, they are loose - not so loose I can take them down without undoing them, but I can grab a handful of material on each thigh, and if I want to, I can put my fist in the waistband - so, for me, I think it's time to go jeans shopping - I may not be a full size down, but I reckon I will be by the end of the month! So that will be 3 months from tight to new jeans, a loss of around 6.5kg, perhaps a little more. I have dropped from a UK 18-20 18 months ago, to a UK 14-16, my goal is 12-14. I have been 10-12 before, and looking back at the photos, I feel I look a bit unhealthy, so I'm thinking that around 12 -14 will be where I look my best. :) So close!!!!! :D
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I have lost 23lb and 4 inches and I have dropped down 1 size.
    I have gone from a tight size UK 16 to a not so tight UK 14.
    It has taken me since Dec 30th 2013.
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Definitely depends on where you carry your weight... I lost about 40 lbs, and went from a tight size twelve to a comfortable, sometimes a little loose, size 6 (I can wear a 4 or even a 2 in brands that seem to do a lot of vanity sizing...)
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds, went from a tight size 8 to a size 4. I carry most of my weight in my stomach, so I only had to lose about 5 pounds to go down a size.
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a jean size yet as I seem to hover around the same weight and my jean size hasn't dropped. I definitely have lost inches and feel much "better" in my jeans... I don't have that tightness around my waist and thighs I used to have!!! I am curvy so my jeans are mostly fitted to my curves.

Like to see the comments on this one as I'm curious if there is an answer myself.....
  • hospitablegirl
    hospitablegirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 10 to a size 8 after 10 lbs. I had always heard that you drop a size after 10 or so pounds. But I guess that depends. I was squeezing into the 8 at first.
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well for me at my highest of 214 I was a TIGHT sz 16....now at 151 Im in a sz 7/8.
  • Jacqadactle
    Jacqadactle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I lift weights, sometimes I'll go down in jean size but up in weight! But the muscle weight will make you leaner :)