Finally completed 100 pull-ups/chinups!

Options
anothermop
anothermop Posts: 187 Member
During P90X Legs & Back. I've been doing P90X on and off for almost 2 years now. I used to do as many pull-ups and chin-ups as I could and then use the chair so I could do more reps. But the number of unassisted ones didn't improve the way I wanted. (Topped out around 50 or so.) So I finally realized the only way to get better at them was to do them all the time. I started to do 10 - 15 pull-ups or chin-ups before I could grab a Diet Coke or a Beer. Before long I was doing like 45-60 per day. I just started another round of P90X a couple weeks ago and today I finally hit 100 pull-ups and chin-ups during the Legs and Back workout.

None of my friends stuck with the program so I had to tell some folks who know what I'm talking about.

Replies

• RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!!
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Way to go man! I hear you. P90X - Legs and Back is my favorite workout. And i've done X1, X2, X3. I always go back to that one routine. Tony is a pull up maniac :-)

The chair thing messed me up. I got a pull up assist band and have used that. It let's you get incrementally better.
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Impressive. In the pull-up portion of the Marine Corps physical fitness test, you only have to do 20 dead-hang pull-up's to get the max score. 100 is insane.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks! - I've been really working on them over the past 2 months, so it's nice when the work actually pays off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!