Any ideas for "tone up" exercises??

Options
HI. I'm having trouble getting started with the toning up part of my weight loss, mainly because I don't know what to do. I do cardio on the bike 4-5 times a week at home. I'm looking for suggestions for some exercises that can be done at home with little to no equipment. On the days that I'm not working I am home with my 2 year old and have no sitter so I need to be able to do these at home. What would be really cool are some exercises I could incorporate my little one into. He weighs about 28 lbs. I don't know, that part is just a fun idea, anyway, if you have any suggestions or can share a link or a video that you use that would be great. Thanks!

Replies

• DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't have little ones anymore, but I'm kind of in the same boat. I don't go to the gym, don't have a lot of equipment and don't want to spend much money on any. There are a lot of body weight exercises you can do, and you can get a simple set of 5lbs dumbbells for cheap. You could probably use your son's weight for a few different things, and I'm sure he'd have fun with it. Check out http://www.fitnessblender.com/. They have tons of workouts and a great way to search for what fits your needs. I've done a few of the workouts on there but mostly I've been using dumbbells, doing different types of squats, pushups, planking and a bunch of different ab and core exercises.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Nerdfitness
    Strength unbound
    Convict conditioning
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Some ideas are:
    Exercise bands
    Blogilates (do an internet search)
  • jessicaduperon
    jessicaduperon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks people. What about a kettle bell? I found a work out on youtube for flabby stomach "issues". Any of you have any experience with a kettle bell? I was doing some research and it said a good starting weight for a female is 8 kg, which is just over 17 lbs. I'd like some input before I go spend the money. Thanks
  • jessicaduperon
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Love kettlebells!!! 8kg is fine for starting. You'll progress quickly, and soon need a 24kg!!! Kettlebells are great for burning fat. Buy one, and then look on YouTube for exercise tutorials
  • jessicaduperon
    Options
    what is the price range on these things?