Overload dinners! D:

Options
Hey hahaha, so I was just wondering if anyone else ends up eating of 1,000 calories for dinner... Whenever I calculate it, it says somewhere between 700, and over 1,000...:explode: I don't know if it's because I don't eat as much during the day, but I'm just confused hahaha. Any ideas? :smile:

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hey hahaha, so I was just wondering if anyone else ends up eating of 1,000 calories for dinner... Whenever I calculate it, it says somewhere between 700, and over 1,000...:explode: I don't know if it's because I don't eat as much during the day, but I'm just confused hahaha. Any ideas? :smile:

This is something I struggle with as well.... between dinner and the only dessert of the day I easily eat 1/2 of my calories at night.
    I can tell you that although I struggle with it, it is something that I work on, because your calories should be better spaced throughout the day. My trainer once told me that sumo wrestlers only eat one time a day ... they eat all of their calories at the same meal... that opened my eyes I guess! I dont want to be like a sumo wrestler...
  • simplexserenity
    simplexserenity Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I try to eat the most at breakfast so that I'm not starving by dinner time, and I have all day to burn it off. Eating a lot at dinner scares me because I go to bed within the next couple of hours after.

What do you typically eat for dinner? 700-1000 calories seems a lot for one meal.
  • madrake
    Options
    I went over my calories for dinner tonight. It's tough! I thought I was doing well, but I will do better tomorrow. I'm going to eat a larger breakfast and a little more at lunch. Maybe that way I won't be as hungry for dinner.
    I wish you the best of luck :happy: :happy:
  • countjackula
    Options
    I eat a huge dinner as well! Probably 90% of my calories come after work.

(I'd recommend it, actually, but it requires a lot of micromanagement.)
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I watched a program on PBS once that was called "Diet Free". I wrote down all the tips (I should post all of them sometime!), but the one that stuck out to me the most was this: Make your salad bowl bigger than your dinner plate.

My salad bowl is now at least 9 inches across. I went to Dollar General and found four big plastic bowls for about $3. Most dinners start out with this big bowl filled with lettuce and raw vegetables of my choosing. I sometimes add 1 T of sunflower seeds for crunch. My dressing is always a light brand and I measure it every time.

I have found that if I do this, I don't eat nearly as much of the main dish, and I hardly ever want dessert.

Hope this helps!
  • michellelovesyou
    Options
    hey alicia(: and i looked at your food diary thingy! you eat like no calories at breakfast and lunch so its probably like because you eat so little calories then do your insane workouts your gonna be starving by dinner! maybe try to eat a little more during the day?