PB2.. powdered peanut butter

Options
Powdered peanut butter.. has anyone tried it, or variations of it? Thoughts and opinions? :)

Replies

• MJ0214
    MJ0214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've only tried it in my protein shakes and I LOVE it!!! 45 cals for 2 tbs.. yes please lol
  • anask4
    anask4 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It tastes great! You can add it to protein shakes/smoothies. It also taste great as a peanut butter substitute, just add as much water as you need to get the desired texture. The only thing it lacks in terms of taste is saltiness. 45 calories per 2 tablespoons is awesome.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use them in my shakes but you can add water to it and make it into peanut butter. healthy choice. I love that stuff and you can get it from amazon.
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I dont really care for it as a spread, but I love in my protein shakes! I bought mine from Kroger.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot and now use it regularly in smoothies.
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My local Target carries it now too!!
  • notsorrymrsjackson
    Options
    I use them in my shakes but you can add water to it and make it into peanut butter. healthy choice. I love that stuff and you can get it from amazon.

Is it cheaper on amazon? I saw it wash 5 bucks at target for a smallish bottle
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    it's great for smoothies but don't try to eat a spoonful of it! Yeck!
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like it in yogurt. It's also good on rice cakes or with apples. The chocolate PB2 is also really good.
  • sandjar131
    sandjar131 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love PB2 - even my 12 year old loves it!
  • mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Love it. I have the chocolate almost every day on a piece of 45 calorie sara lee bread and makes a great 90 calorie snack. like the regular too, but like the chocolate even more.:smile::smile:
  • rainbowxelephant
    rainbowxelephant Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    IMO pb2 is one of those processed foods that humans should just not have invented. Its purpose is to be low calorie. That's it. What's more important, the fuel of a food, or the calories? Peanuts and nut butters are healthy and full of good fats and protein. pb2 takes all the goodness out of it and leaves you with a powdered jar of diet crap.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    It's not bad to bake with, but as a spread it's pretty nasty. Eat real peanut butter and enjoy it
  • gale1089
    gale1089 Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm obsessed. I go through 2 jars a week. I know there are some more expensive variations, but i've never tried them.

I never mix it with water to make pb though... I sprinkle it on my bananas, apple slices, dip rice cakes in it, mix it in my oatmeal, ect. It's amazing, and a lot less cals than dipping into a pb jar!
  • rainbowxelephant
    rainbowxelephant Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed. I go through 2 jars a week. I know there are some more expensive variations, but i've never tried them.

I never mix it with water to make pb though... I sprinkle it on my bananas, apple slices, dip rice cakes in it, mix it in my oatmeal, ect. It's amazing, and a lot less cals than dipping into a pb jar!

Why is everyone so obsessed with the calorie content with no regard to the health implications? Eating a natural, raw food is better for you inside and out. This diet minded society is exhausting
  • LeahBelcastro
    LeahBelcastro Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love it in my chocolate protein shakes for breakfast. I do recommend the chocolate PB2 over the plain… You can order them online and you get more bang for your buck. In saying that you can buy the bags instead of the jars as well which is even cheaper and you get more! :love:
  • lautour
    lautour Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've never tried the chocolate. I really like the plain, using sugar free vanilla syrup to mix instead of water (use half as much).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the chocolate variety but I was less than impressed. It honestly did not taste like much, even in a smoothie with banana and almond milk I would honestly prefer to have 1/3 the amount of real PB instead.

Also, I found it way too troublesome and time-consuming to blend it into a paste and never reached a satisfactory consistency...and I am not even a big convenience food, impatient type person when it comes to preparing and cooking food.
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

Why is everyone so obsessed with the calorie content with no regard to the health implications? Eating a natural, raw food is better for you inside and out. This diet minded society is exhausting

Some people such as my Mom, for example, have high cholesterol but love peanut butter. This lets them have the taste without the cholesterol worries. I got some to try making Easter dessert to see if she likes it. Fingers crossed. It's not always about calories and fuel. Some people have health issues.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    I haven't tried the chocolate. I've only had the plain PB2. It's awesome in my protein shakes and mixed in some vanilla greek yogurt.