Ok So I dont know how to dress myself anymore! (Blush)

Options
Grumpsandwich
Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
Any one else finding after losing a load of weight that you just dont know how to dress? For the last 20 years its been what hides the most fat from the limited selection of drapery inspired garments provided.
On top the selection now, is the age and styles. Want to be up to date but not sleezy ( omg the clothes i keep seeing are so transparent, or tight and well I get worried my Edgar suit will look unattractive ( My Edgar suit is an M.I.B ref to all the extra baggy skin i tote around now ).
Now after that confusion its finding what gives your new body that pow factor! Want to be modest but lets face it. After all that hard work I just want to show off my erm ASSets? lol
I could not expect to find curves under all that fluff. I was expecting the boyish figure I had when i got fat ( started in my late teens when i developed pcos and hypothyroid)
(Thankfully at least the hair cut option Im tackling tomorrow hehe
CLothes.jpg

Replies

• BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I still just wear jean and a t-shirt, but I'm more open to wearing something other than a black t-shirt.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need a girly day with a close gf. Preferably one that you think dresses cute. Go shopping and try lots of stuff on. Even if it's too expensive or something you never pictured yourself wearing. Try it on, flaunt it, take pictures. If you don't buy anything that day, at least you've got an idea and advice from a friend on what looks you can pull off.

Congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • luckeyfrog
    luckeyfrog Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Go to a store and try on things you like without that mental filter of "oh, I could never wear that." See what you like and what you don't like!

Get a friend to go with you-- it'll make that last part easier :)

Just looking at your picture, you have great curves! I think you have the figure to pull of skinny jeans, too, since your hips are skinnier than your top. (Jealous over here!) You can try looking on Pinterest or Polyvore for outfits you like, too! Might give you some ideas before you go.

Either way-- go shopping and have FUN!