Trying to figure out a meal plan for this week. Any suggesti

Options
Hey guys,
I'm trying to figure out a meal plan for the rest of this week. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or any recipes? I want to try something different, then my normal.=]

Replies

• shaunadroddy
    Options
    thats what i was just thinking about, also. i think tomorrow i will have oatmeal and half a banana for breakfast, lunch peanut butter on a bagel thin with half a banana, and for supper maybe baked chicken with mixed vegies and a salad!
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I had to come up with something as I was going grocery shopping..
    Here are my ideas..I will choose from this list & New Years Eve we are eating out.
    Grilled Chicken burgers
    Beef Stew
    Chicken wraps
    Mexican style chicken soup
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I try to cook items that will have left overs to make other meals. For example, I almost weekly will cook a roast. We will have it one night with say a salad & root vegetables. I will then plan on making tacos or enchiladas or some other type of casserole with it another night. I do the same thing with chicken. I will bake a whole chicken, we will eat it one night & I will turn the leftovers into something else.

It works for my family! They never realize they are eating leftovers if I'm able to recreate it somehow!
  • Shelby_M
    Options
    Thank you for all of your ideas =]
  • Losingforlife1
    Losingforlife1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like getting rotisserie chickens from walmart they're about $5 and provide me w/two good meals. I'll cook up chili which gives me 4 servings. The slow cooker is a godsend. Google slow cooker meals and you can find tons of meals that are ezy to make. My current favs are lean pork loins in pork gravy and chicken breasts in salsa. I also like making tacos which can provide a few meals as well. mmmmm im hungry.
  • Shelby_M
    Options
    o0o those sound good!
    I know I love making food in a slow cooker. Especially homemade chicken noodle soup. But I need to buy a new one. Thank you for the ideas! The chicken with salsa sounds nummy! I might just have to try it!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    stop by my blog! :)http://www.everythingisbetterwithcheese.blogspot.com

this week's menu is http://everythingisbetterwithcheese.blogspot.com/2010/12/menu-planning-1226-11.html
    turkey and gravy open-faced sandwich
    chicken cordon blue (with swiss)
    creamy asparagus soup
    flatbread alfredo pizza
    beef enchiladas
    chicken and dumplings
    ham, portabella mushroom and spinach crepes (with smoked gouda or feta)
    halibut over angelhair pasta with asparagus, olives and tomatoes

i have about 50 weeks of menus and probably around 25-30 recipes. i am sure you can find something that will inspire you.
    dawn