New to MFP

Options
I am a newbie! 26 years old and have always been overweight. I recently lost 12 pounds and a good friend recommended MFP to me. I know from past attempts at weight loss that food journaling, group workouts and human support help me. I have the journal with calorie counter, and some awesome support from colleagues and friends (and sometimes family) but I need workouts that I enjoy and people to workout with- suggestions for fun workouts? I think I can con people into working out with me but I want something FUN!

Hit me up if you want support or want to give support AND if you have fun workouts!

Replies

• daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    LOL I don't think I know any "fun" work outs besides playing Dance Dance Revolution, but feel free to add me if you need addtional support :)
  • IsraaQ
    IsraaQ Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello there

First of all congrats on losing 12 pounds already that's a big achievement on it's own you should be proud.. And secondly if you're looking for fun workouts I recently came across 'zumba' which is a Latin dance workout and is pretty cool and plenty fun.. Check it out it's quite popular anyway.. I know a friend who lost almost 40 lbs only by doing zumba.. Good luck to you and all of us here and sure you ll find the support u need here coz this community rocks =)
  • tammywho327
    tammywho327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! And thanks for the friend request. I tried Zumba a while back and LOVED it, but I couldn't walk for the next 3 days! lol. . .I may be ready to try it again :)
  • bluestocking06
    bluestocking06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you liked Zumba, and you have any kind of video gaming system, they have a new Zumba game out, also, my mom just got just dance for the wii and it's a lot of fun (especially since I'm competitive and NEED to beat all the high scores).
  • tammywho327
    tammywho327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you liked Zumba, and you have any kind of video gaming system, they have a new Zumba game out, also, my mom just got just dance for the wii and it's a lot of fun (especially since I'm competitive and NEED to beat all the high scores).

Thanks. . .gonna have to steal my mom and dad's wii that never gets used and buy me some Zumba, Dance and DDR!! Love this site :)
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    WII ACTIVE IS FUN TOO AND THE BIGGEST LOSER GAME IS OK...ALSO JILLIAN MICHAELS GAME ISNT BAD! WII ZUMBA IS WAY FUN THOUGH! AND WII BOXING IS A PRETTY GOOD WORKOUT AS WELL!