Heavy Lifting/Weight Loss Help

Options
2»

Replies

• rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Three weeks is not nearly long enough to see results. How often do you add weight? You need to pick a program, follow it correctly, and complete the program. THEN decide if you saw results.

^^^THIS!

And, measurements mean more than a number on a scale. Take pictures and measurements. It took me about a month to see inches lost. In 5 months, I've lost about 5 inches off my waist.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Food scale for sure. And patience! It would be great to see instant results but we all know that just isn't the case. It sounds like you've bounced around programs thinking you've gotten no results, when maybe you just haven't dedicated enough time to any of them. Patience and consistency. I've loved the results I've gotten with New Rules and encourage every one to try heavy lifting. That said, it isn't magic.

^^^^ I agree with this!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I've read New Rules of Lifting for Women, I've read numerous articles on bodybuilding.com, and I follow some heavy lifters and trainers on IG and a lot of them say that they sculpted their bodies and lost weight/fat from just heavy lifting. I'm sorry, but I don't have months and months to lose weight form just lifting. I do cardio too! I don't believe that if you just heavy lift you'll shrink down, I've tried and seen no results. I guess that was probably due to my lack of trust in the program and my indulgence in sushi, but this time around I'm hitting my macros as closely as I can, I'm lifting, but I don't see much progress. I've tried 5x5, I've tried low set heavy weight, I've tried high sets and heavy weight, and high sets and low weight and I just can't see the results. Maybe I'm following the wrong type of program or whatever. I just need a program where I can lift heavy, count macros, and see results quickly rather than results in 6-7 months. Don't let me fool you, I know that you don't wake up twenty pounds lighter, but I do know that it doesn't take three months to see results and I feel like I'm just doing something wrong.

My stats in case anyone is interested:

Height 5ft (shorty!)
    Weight: 153

Macros:

Cals: 1521
    Protein: 120g
    Cabrs: 120g
    Fat: 60g

Workout regimen:

I alternate between upper and lower body days.

My cardio is very mix and match because it depends on who I'm going to the gym with. If it is just me I usually do 15 mins of HIIT with a five minute warm up, and sometimes paired with 15min of low intensity. If I'm with my girlfriend we usually just do the HIIT. When I lift I do compound lifts and other exercises Sorry for the vagueness my schedule changes a lot because I keep trying to fix it, maybe that is why I'm not seeing results. I just want to find something that works for me. I've spent money on online trainers, regular trainers, books, you name it! I despise counting calories, strict meal plans, and endless hours in the gym but I have great motivation do not get me wrong and I'm willing to try anything when it comes to reaching my goals. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this and help me.

Sorry for my rambles and random info I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix it to get good results.

Generally speaking, my cousin always says (and I agree) that it takes two months of consistant program for YOU to see results. It will take at least another month or two after that for OTHERS to notice.

Do not rush this process!
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Just because I think pics say a lot, but there is info as well: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

5'4" -- 170 to 117 to 131 to 142
    The important part for when she started lifting was eating enough to fuel the workouts.
    And now she is eating 3000 cals.

It always strikes me as funny that if you put your average couch potato's cal intake up against that if someone who is fit, there normally is not much difference, and often the fit person is eating more.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhh there you go: focus

My focus is on dropping Body Fat % (aided by lifitng)

I am uninterested (but love when it happens) in losing weight

Perhaps too much focus on the scale
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    only read first paragraph but this is my thought:

You didnt get fat overnight, you wont lose it overnight either. Stop rushing.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I've been doing SL 5X5 for only 4 weeks and just now started to see changes in my body. I'm hoping that in the next couple months my butt will get perkier.
  • coachbennettlhs
    coachbennettlhs Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I read this today and sent it to some of my female clients and athletes:

http://www.poliquingroup.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/1159/_Ten_Simple_Rules_For_Women_to_Get_the_MOST_Out_of.aspx

Definitely worth the time to read!
  • Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I read this today and sent it to some of my female clients and athletes:

http://www.poliquingroup.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/1159/_Ten_Simple_Rules_For_Women_to_Get_the_MOST_Out_of.aspx

Definitely worth the time to read!

Thanks for this. v useful