How much does size matters?

Options
Get your minds out of the gutter!:laugh: I am talking about pant size.

It is so frustrating to be a size 6 in one store and a size 10 in another all in the same day. I feel like ppl make such a big deal about their pants size. Yes I love when pants that use to fit me that are now to big. It's a great feeling but sometimes it's not about the number on the pants.
I see so many ppl freaking out b/c they had to buy a size bigger than what they thought they would need. I know for me I feel so much better my self in a pair that have a smaller number even if they really fit the the same as the ones with the bigger number. It's stupid but true.

So how much does the size of the pants matter to you?

Replies

• aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    ....guilty.
  • wisteriafleur
    wisteriafleur Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    so guilty there, but my reality check was when i no longer had clothes that i could fit in except shorts with an elastic waistband or jeans with a spandex waist. in popular culture many people see their waist size number as an assignment of self worth which i feel perpetuates the idea that the closer we are to 0 in pants size the higher we are in the social hierarchy of the world we live in. It is in fact not true. Believe me. You could be a size 0 but if you are boring then ill just tell you that youre boring. lol

The lesson is that we should strive to work on ourselves outside AND inside not just the one or the other.
    Zen is about balance after all and look at how ninja they are
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Honestly the size doesn't matter to me. It is a little weird sometimes when trying on clothes, and brands don't keep to one sizing system between them! Haha.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Cut, fabric, designer all make a difference to the sizing.

I also don't tend to walk around with the label hanging out the back of my pants if I can help it. Nobody else knows nor probably cares what my pant size is so I don't really worry too much about it.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Get your minds out of the gutter!:laugh: I am talking about pant size.

It is so frustrating to be a size 6 in one store and a size 10 in another all in the same day. I feel like ppl make such a big deal about their pants size. Yes I love when pants that use to fit me that are now to big. It's a great feeling but sometimes it's not about the number on the pants.
    I see so many ppl freaking out b/c they had to buy a size bigger than what they thought they would need. I know for me I feel so much better my self in a pair that have a smaller number even if they really fit the the same as the ones with the bigger number. It's stupid but true.

So how much does the size of the pants matter to you?

You know you've been on MFP too long when the non-fitness related thought doesn't even occur to you.

Kind of depends. I think I'd be upset if I ever exceeded a particular size (UK 12 would be my limit, possibly a 10 if I wasn't bulking) but I don't get hung up on squeezing into a particular size because different clothes cuts and retailers vary so much. I use them as very basic boundaries for my body size but they're not important unless the one that doesn't fit is the only one left on the sale rack.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I use the same brand and fit of jeans as a guide to my size. So if I buy a different brand or fit and they are bigger or smaller, I don't take it as a sign of any change. Its just the ridiculous nonstandard method of measuring that manufacturers use.

I absolutely love it though, when shorts I bought last July are falling off of me now. That thrills me beyond all things clothing wise. But if I go buy a new pair of shorts tomorrow, the size may or may not be smaller so no big deal.
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    I only buy "one size fits all" :happy:
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I don't really care one way or another. I have a typical brand I wear and I know what I weigh and I'm starting to measure, so I just don't pay attention to it anymore. I'd rather buy a size up and it fit better than wear something too tight and it look awful or be worried about it. But yes, it is VERY annoying that there isn't some standard among them. I hate going to Old Navy and getting a 16 or 18 but going to the other two stores I normally shop like JCP and Kohl's and getting 12's and 14's. But I think a large part of it is that there is so much variety in cuts now. Instead of just for tall and skinny, they have curvier cuts for fuller hips and smaller waists. Or longer lengths for really tall. Or straight cuts for less hippy. It's just nice having the variation, but a pain when you're trying to find new clothes at times until you figure out what works for you.