It's Easter... How's everyone doing so far?

Options
Has anyone passed their TDEE or goals because of family events and Easter dinners? I know I sure have. I guess going 200-400 calories over for 2 or 3 days won't do too, too much damage as long as you get back on track... right?

Replies

• lmmathis86
    lmmathis86 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    i'm doing badly and there is still another two days to go!!! I hate that i have very low will power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    So far I've only had 2 pieces of Easter Candy that I hid from myself but found them and opened them.
  • heidifritz627
    heidifritz627 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    CANNOT stop eating the jelly beans,, once I start....ouch
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Have done great so far but I have to just say no to it all. I cannot take the kiss of death bite of chocolate or Ill be craving it. I'm snacking on fresh fruits and healthy snacks until Easter is over with. We limited the kids candy this year so there won't be much temptation in the house either.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    On Easter lets see. Wake up and eat about 2000 calories worth of Easter Candy. Walk 2 hours to the gym. I'll do some Deadlifts, Front Squats, and Leg Press. I'll completely go crazy with 1RM sets. Walk 2 hours home. Then eat 1/2 to 3/4 of a tray of lasagna. Then sleep for 14 so hours.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    So far....so good!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Nope...I'm good. Sunday the green bean casserole will probably find it's way into me though.
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Extra exercising this week and today so I'm ahead of the game. Planning on working out tomorrow also. I've been allowing myself "Easter Treats" each day but still staying in my macros. Peeps are the best!
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I had 4 mini 3 muskateer marshmallow things today. Trying to stop thinking about it. Under calories though. I'll be good till Sunday. Then I am scared.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Had a few hot cross buns over the last few weeks, orange peel and cinnamon ones. And sadly, had a few major splurges on various kinds of mini eggs last month, but have recovered. I will be aiming to workout over the weekend, and just fit in a few bits and pieces daily over the coming weeks. Meals are not an issue as I am spending Easter alone.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing so well. I hit a rabbit with my car Friday. The kids are telling me I killed the Easter bunny.

Oh you mean with MFP, not doing so well there this week either. Its hit and miss. I'll get it together soon, I guess.
  • angelicprettyy
    Options
    Oh man, you're all doing so well. I've been eating so much!
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Sorry, it's not Easter. It's still Lent. Not only that, it's a fast day.
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    No way that I'm counting calories for easter dinner. I'll just *try* to use moderation lol.... The kiddos in my life are getting mainly fruit in their baskets :p
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing too badly myself, although that's probably because I gave up burgers for lent (my favorite thing ever lol). I seriously cannot wait until Sunday when I can go treat myself and order one object of my affection lol.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Has anyone passed their TDEE or goals because of family events and Easter dinners? I know I sure have. I guess going 200-400 calories over for 2 or 3 days won't do too, too much damage as long as you get back on track... right?

I am doing well, thank you for asking.

Happy Easter .:flowerforyou:
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Those little mini chocolate Easter eggs are evil! They look so small and harmless but they aren't HA! I also caved on some m&ms today they were sooooo good!! Oh and I ate 3 peeps... love those darn things!!!
  • libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So far so moderately good. The hubs wanted ribs tonight so, I indulged a bit but only went over by 200 calories. This is super good for me who is just getting on the bandwagon again. I'm not even counting on Sunday. I'll be on my calorie goal tomorrow and may even a lot the calories for a Cadbury Caramel egg. :)
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried about the willpower aspect of it. What I am worried about is a brunch and two dinners where I can't measure and weigh my food. I measure or weigh everything I eat and use measuring cups and a scale daily. I can probably try to eye ball some of it. I may just bring my scale in my purse and a half cup measuring cup to the events at my side of the families. They already know I'm crazy haha
  • sarahmbm
    sarahmbm Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was making great progress, and then had a stressful week (or two) and I've gained back half of what I lost, maybe more.

Today's a new day, right? Many of you out there go up and down before you went down for good?

Any advice, empathy, pep talks, "I been there" would be appreciated.