Tolerance comes in many forms.

Options
2»

Replies

• BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've been upset for a year over someone on the internet not liking banana clips...

Well, they are illegal in some states. Wait, wut?
  • notsorrymrsjackson
    Options
    "You can not understand the way a person lives and still respect that that person lives."

What does this part mean?… :huh:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    um.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Are you intolerant of people apathetic toward fashion fads? I'm confused.

I am. I think. Maybe. Wait, what did you say?

I forgot

Well then, let's just call the whole thing off!

/quits

756.gif

I came back to say, "WHY DIDN'T YOU CHASE ME DOWN AND BEG ME TO STAY???". :laugh:

mayim-bialik-smile-gif.gif
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I have little to add, but I'm a white male southerner...

9zsl7b.png

:laugh:
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    mayim-bialik-smile-gif.gif

THIS! This is why there is so much intolerance! :laugh:
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    1280792881743.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy

So in order to preach tolerance, you have to make fun of people with mental illnesses?

Way to go, bucky.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. As far as being hurt over a random comment on the internet, I like the following advice.

tumblr_mm8nh8ABRJ1snhkero1_400.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you were to call someone crazy who says to call them crazy, would that still be a strikeable offense?

And I can't help but wonder if next year, we'll be getting another thread about how they didn't respond to this for one year but decided to just let it out then?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    but flat brimmed hats & yolo shirts though...

I can only tolerate so much

very low tolerance

I'm not a nice person :grumble:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5p0qltg931qd5qx0o1_500.jpg
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Now I remember why I'm not on this forum anymore. Half of you TOTALLY missed the point and half of those people felt it necessary to attack me for it. I was just trying to point out to people that nobody deserves to be made fun of. We should friend/accept people based on their character and not dismiss them based on superficial things. Thanks guys!
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I am pretty confused by this topic. I am almost 34 years old and I have never had an over abundance of money, nor did any of my friends. I think back to even high school and yes you had your clicks, but I never witnessed anyone being picked on because they didn't have name brand clothes... I just bought my first pair of chanel sunglasses a few months back and I had to save my hard earned money to buy them. I bought them because I like them, not because of what anyone else thinks. I am completely baffled by this, that you would be so bothered by something for a year that you have been stewing on it and needed to post about it. If I am misunderstanding please correct me, but maybe you should not worry about what other people think so much... And surround yourself with people who are humble and who love you for you, not what you wear.... :huh:

ETA that this is the internet, and if you are bothered by a post from a public forum for over a year, maybe the internet is not for you...

Bolded, 1000x bolded.

Edit to add: This judgement is based purely on the content of your post and not on some superficial aesthetic. OP should be proud of me.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Now I remember why I'm not on this forum anymore. Half of you TOTALLY missed the point and half of those people felt it necessary to attack me for it. I was just trying to point out to people that nobody deserves to be made fun of. We should friend/accept people based on their character and not dismiss them based on superficial things. Thanks guys!

I'm sorry. I really mean that. I don't want you to feel bad.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.

Love that routine.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    wow, I can't even remember threads from last week... OP, your memory is impressive!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It would help if we knew what the thread was actually about.