Lost 75 pounds in a little over a year (pics)

Options
miztrezzlyn
miztrezzlyn Posts: 44 Member
I don't really post much here and I don't track my calories here lol I use "some other calorie tracking" program. I have been lurking on these boards though for over a year :)

My husband and I started losing weight back in March of 2013. I started at 205 at my heaviest and he was at 305. I'm currently at 130 pounds and he is 207 pounds. Its been pretty great doing this together and we're really pleased with our progress.

I have done JM 30 day shred, Chalene's Turbo Jam, Chalene Extreme (still doing this), Turbo FIre, T25. I walk and jog 5 miles every day. Currently my schedule is Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri - Yoga and walk 5 miles. Tues, Thurs, Sat - Lifting weights and Jog 5 miles. Eating about 1750 calories a day.

Right now, I may have about 10 pounds I think to go, try and get my tummy flab gone. I hope after that that I can add some calories and increase some muscle in combination with my weight lifting, hopefully to my backside :)

Anyway, here's the dreaded pictures...so scary to post but I am actually really proud of what I've accomplished this last year. One thing I really like about my new body is my shoulders! Sort of sad about all the boob loss though (as is my dear husband lol)

Lyn_before_after_zpsf2c54f35.jpg

lyn_before_after_2_zps4ba5b883.jpg

Sorry if it doesn't work or they're huge, I hope not...I resized them.

Replies

• bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • jcubedatund
    jcubedatund Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm so happy that you and your husband have both been working on it together!
  • miztrezzlyn
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm so happy that you and your husband have both been working on it together!

Thank you :)

I am too! He has been really overweight his entire life and always struggled with trying to diet and it never seemed to work. When he started looking into it again this last time it was Weight Watchers. I decided to join him this time and after only a month, found out about straight calorie counting and we both switched over.

I struggled with eating disorders as a teen and was always fairly thin until my 20's and I don't know, I just let it all go. I spent 20 years slowly letting my weight creep up. I have always been afraid to wrestle that monster because of my history but really wanted to help my husband get healthier as he was getting older and his weight really bothered him. My weight bothered me too of course but I rarely looked in mirrors or allowed pictures be taken of myself so I could sorta let it be out of sight out of mind.

Our doing it together made it wonderfully easy to accomplish. We support each other when our weight goes up (thanks sodium or sore muscle water retension) and cheer each other on when we have NSV's or weight dropping. He gives me the push I need when sometimes I don't wanna do whatever workout I have planned and I do the same for him. Our kids are a big motivator also. Its no good for them to have seen us living so unhealthily. Now when we go on walks together (which is VERY frequent), my 8 year old and 5 year old run up ahead and drop and do pushups while waiting for us LOL My 5 year old little girl loves to do Yoga with me and T25 workouts with her dad :)

I started my jogging last year via 10k Runner and restarted again this spring. My husband just started himself last week. So proud of him :)
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Nice work, you look great!
  • ShaunaN5
    ShaunaN5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Awesome job!!! What an inspiration!!!
  • 9bars
    9bars Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well done to you both, it's great you are able to do it together :smile:

Do you mind me asking how tall you are? My stomach currently looks exactly like you before pic and my goal is 130 too so you are giving me hope mine could go as flat when I reach it.
  • Lynzigzagzay
    Lynzigzagzay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nice work! How tall are you?
  • miztrezzlyn
    Options
    Thank you all :) I'm so glad I posted now, I was scared to at first!

I am 5'3", sorry should have included that in my original post.

I still deal with loose skin and some flab on my stomach. Its not as visible in these pictures because of how the bikini sits so low. When I'm wearing something higher like low rise jeans and such, there's a small hangover, which I *hate*. Trying to work that off now.
  • Estherjenny1
    Estherjenny1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. You look great! I can't wait to see the day when I get 50-60 lbs off. I wish it wasn't so hard to lose and so easy to gain. Thanks for sharing your very successful story.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Looking good,,,,,congrats!
  • 9bars
    9bars Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", sorry should have included that in my original post.

Thanks for the reply I'm 5ft 3 too, so will be very happy if my stomach looks as great as yours.

I've accepted I will have loose skin, I think with flattering bikini bottoms I can cover it easy enough as its so low down. They say 2 years to shrink back to your final result as well, which is encouraging.

Thanks for sharing x
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Naturally_sassy0525 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look amazing congratulations!
  • mazmol
    mazmol Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look amazing congratulations!

You look fantastic - well done :-)
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    Terrific job! Congrats to you and your husband! :drinker:
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome!!
  • Sethera
    Sethera Posts: 4
    Options
    Awesome Job! Always good to see real people making real results. Gives us all inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Thanks for sharing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!