Confused

Options
I started healthy eating 13 days ago, in my first week I lost 4lbs, but somehow this week I've put a 1lb back on. My diet is the same as last week, how can this be?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear and body weight fluctuates as much as several pounds over the course of a day. Unless you ate 3500 calories more than your maintenance, you didn't gain fat just water. Other possible causes would include if you started any kind of exercise program, your menstrual cycle, a particularly high sodium intake one day.
  • KandySkull82
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, thats put my mind to rest :happy:
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear and body weight fluctuates as much as several pounds over the course of a day. Unless you ate 3500 calories more than your maintenance, you didn't gain fat just water. Other possible causes would include if you started any kind of exercise program, your menstrual cycle, a particularly high sodium intake one day.

THIS but thankful for this post because I've been tracking everyday, keep my food diary public and exercise about 800 calories daily with my HRM chest strap and had the same thing happen. I was down 2.6 pounds down, got my period and I'm back ups pound. I'm just staying the course and it will come off in a few days.
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Or you could look at it as an average of 1.5lbs a week. Lots of people on here track their weight weekly but look at the average over a month or so. It's a much healthier way to do it and you won't get disappointed by small fluctuations. Please don't expect to lose more than a pound or two a week (depending in what you weigh now) one pound a week is healthy.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I've learned to steer clear of the scales at that time of the month - I've been known to gain 8lbs in a couple of days... you can imagine what that does to a girl's confidence :wink:

But for me, drinking craploads of water (maybe 3L a day), upping my protein (mainly eggs, lean meat and cheese) and leaving a good couple of hours without eating before bed does wonders.

Don't fret, and don't quit. It'll come down eventually (.... I hope. LOL.)
  • lancsken
    lancsken Posts: 5
    Options
    I need some help with my fitness pal can u help me please
  • lancsken
    lancsken Posts: 5
    Options
    i need help to work out how to use the cal counter and meals etc please