citrucel----results gas
drinking gallons of water --- results pee'ed a lot
eating salads everyday ---- results um couldn't tell
shakeology --- results nada
flax seed (milled) --- results gas :angry:
prunes --- results cramps :noway:
prune juice---results cramps :noway:
green tea -- results nada but yummy
I exercise regularly (high impact) --- i might feel i need to go when i'm doing it but then nada or gas
vitamin E-- results skin got pretty :wink:

I've tried them all over a period of time, in some in conjunction with each other

and i had my gallbladder removed a few years ago and the dr told me i shouldn't have any problems going number 2 with that gone

I'm eating so much better and i cant go number 2 regularly (maybe once or twice a week) when the schedule use to be maybe twice A DAY.
This is making me feel bloated and i want to feel light again :sad: lol

I've even thought that i'm not eating enough to make poop but that's just ridiculous i know i eat enough

I know the subject is gross but really i need HELP on what i can do.. Thanks

Replies

• OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    hmmm....I use probiotics. works for me. but it seems like you've tried ALOT of stuff...maybe make an appt with your doc?
  • DarcysLosingIt
    DarcysLosingIt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating oatmeal? 1/2 a cup each morning.
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    hmmm....I use probiotics. works for me. but it seems like you've tried ALOT of stuff...maybe make an appt with your doc?

i guess i should since my whole body is breaking down now but i didn't think i needed to go to the dr because i could go when i was eating more. I just thought it was something i wasn't eating. i really don't know what to think anymore ;-(
  • tmogs
    Options
    Have you tried eating oatmeal? 1/2 a cup each morning.

Haven't tried that but i will starting today ;-) i'll give anything try
  • josephbales
    Options
    Salads or coffee usually make me need to go. Are you getting enough fat? With the gallbladder situation, you might need to consult a doctor. Worst case scenario, you can always try Ex-lax. :-)
  • Sometimes are bodies get used to our everyday routine, even when you gradually interduce something new. What you will need to do is totally switch up your workouts. How many days a week to you workout ? What are you eating THROUGHOUT the day? Drinking water is good, don't stop that. Trips to the bathroom are annoying but good =)

Have you cut out white breads, only eating whole wheat?
    Have you cut out sodas and fried foods?
    Salads are good and boost your metabolism. Do you eat or drink things with a lot of sugar?
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    I started Reservatol a supplement I picked up at Sam's because it was recommended by Tv's Dr. Oz as an overall immune booster,.he says it's the one thing we all need daily, and OMG! Talk about regular! Maybe that would help. Good luck.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Ah, yes. I've never had a problem with that, except when taking codeine (which has constipation as a side effect), but when I started in October, indeed, suddenly the waste production line seemed to have shut down. It took me a few weeks to get it out of its slump.

What worked for me was starting to track fiber with my diary and seeing that I got over 25g/day from whatever sources are good -- bran cereal, oatmeal, lentils, vegetables in general such as carrots and sweet potatoes, German style rye bread (often with additional seeds -- looks like this: http://www.fanbuzz.com/Cooking.com/Gourmet Foods/Breads/index.html ), chickpeas and other pulses, fruit (apples are good). There are a few food stuffs that make me gassy, but I give it a few days if the effect is only slight as our bodies do adapt. Importantly, it takes time (days, a week) to work and the effect was by no means instant.

I was nearly at the point of using senna, which helped me in the past (when I was taking the codeine pain killers in relatively high doses). Its effect on me was mild, not drastic. I would have, but then didn't need to.

Maybe I'm wrong, but you *sound* as if you tried each of these for a day or two and discarded it possibly a little quickly.
  • MyViolet
    MyViolet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My daughter had a lot of problems going #2 as a toddler. We have it under control now. In the beginning it took a glycerin supository to get her to go. She did not really need the medicine in it, rather just the bowel stimulation. Now we have found the combination of limited dairy plus two times the fruit. An apple a day has the best results and canalope comes in second.

You may have to go in to see the doctor.

Hope this helps.
  • archiegirl
    Options
    see your doctor. if natural remedies are not working for you and you have bloating and gas but no bm you need to see your doctor. 1 tbsp of epsom salts in 8 ounces of water will flush you out in about 30 mins, and that will take care of the problem temporarily, but seriously, see a doctor.
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    When I was a bit younger I had that problem and used mineral oil in apple juice. The juice is a natural laxative and the miniral oil is a natural stool softener. Apparently my doctor said that its not that we CANT go, its that our stool is too hard and, for a lack of better terms, trapped up there :laugh:

Thought this article might help as it not only has suggestions but things to avoid!

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/natural-laxatives-as-a-cure-for-relieving-constipation.html

I hope you find something that works!!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I have had that problem since beginning weight reduction in June. I have seen a dr and taken several kinds of supplements. I do drink coffee every morning and a daily vitamin. My daughter (a nurse) finally told me to get suppositories and/or disposable enemas. I only use them when things go for more than 4 or 5 days. The Dr. indicated that as our body begins to realign to the new diet and weight loss journey, it has an effect on all parts of our body - we experience things we haven't had issues with before. He indicated that the "regular" elimination that I experienced before was likely do the high quantities of fats that I was eating that I am no longer eating. He did recommend higher fiber foods and other supplements that might work. I did buy Psillium husks (sp?) but haven't used them yet. My grandson has issues with elimination and my daughter uses glycolax in his juice every morning - it works for him. I think you have to try different things for a week or 2 each to see if it will work for you. Maybe go back to your dr. again to see if he has any other suggestions.

Vickie
  • tmogs
    Options
    Salads or coffee usually make me need to go. Are you getting enough fat? With the gallbladder situation, you might need to consult a doctor. Worst case scenario, you can always try Ex-lax. :-)

salads no coffee no (maybe i should try black) I know i dont get enough fats.. i'm scared to take ex-lax THE PAIN THE PAIN lol
  • tmogs
    Options
    Sometimes are bodies get used to our everyday routine, even when you gradually interduce something new. What you will need to do is totally switch up your workouts. How many days a week to you workout ? What are you eating THROUGHOUT the day? Drinking water is good, don't stop that. Trips to the bathroom are annoying but good =)

Have you cut out white breads, only eating whole wheat?
    Have you cut out sodas and fried foods?
    Salads are good and boost your metabolism. Do you eat or drink things with a lot of sugar?

i workout 5 to 6 days a week no little than 45 mins each day. i have cut out white bread in my diet (almost all bread) and no sodas at all (never did drink them). Only drink water and maybe a coffee every now and then.
  • tmogs
    Options
    I'll research all your suggestions and see what my next step is. I hate going to my dr it's so impersonal. she comes in with a laptop looks at it the whole time going over your chart and barely talks to me whole visit maybe 5 mins with her in the room (NO MATTER WHAT THE PROBLEM IS). i think i haven't made an appt because i feel like i would get better answers doing to research myself or asking people in my sitution. I had strep throat and they told me it was a cold :noway: soooo yeaa not to confident with their care and i live in san diego trying to find a good dr is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. TOO MANY to choose from
  • unworthyservant
    Options
    I've been told that eating fruit will help, like at least two apples a day or at least two bananas a day, in addition to what you normally eat. I took a nutrition class and it was something about getting soluble AND insoluble fiber from, for example, the apple, that helped a person go to the bathroom. Couldn't hurt to throw in a couple of extra fruit! Hope things get better :)
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Apple Juice, green leafy veggies such as collard greens, adding more fruit to your diet, and coffee def coffee. These things should help.
  • rachel122986
    Options
    Smooth move tea in the organic section of the grocery store. I cup before bed two if you are determined. Either way the night you try it don't have plans for the following morning because you might be going a lot or try activia yogurt daily.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    so my wife has lived without a gallbladder for about 22 years now, she had her's out when she was about 18 or 19 (I think, somewhere around there). and she has no problem with this particular issue. Which leads me to think that it's probably of an overall nutrition thing. I'm just speculating but considering what the gallbladder does (it secretes bile to break down fat, and it's speculated that it has a very limited roll in insulin production), I can't imagine why it would cause a problem with bowel movements, except that maybe the fat not being broken down can slow down movement through your bowels. See the colon and large intestines move solid waste faster or slower based partly on the ph levels of those systems, not sure but without breaking down the fat into it's components, I could see how this could effect ph levels in the intestines. You might want to talk to your doctor about that, a simple change in the amount and ph levels of the foods you eat may make a big difference (I.E. vinegar with your salad or maybe more milk. or other basic foods...etc.) I'm just guessing here, but that's the only reason I can think of as to why you would have irregular movements because of the gallbladder. I know that higher acidity means constipation, so I would think that eating more basic foods and drinking more water would help (if ph is the problem that is). Your doctor should be able to test for this.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    and when I say "basic" in this sense, I mean having properties of a base, or a PH above 7 (the higher the PH the more basic something is). I didn't mean basic as in simple.