Apparently a bottle of wine a day is good for you

Options
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608193/Bottle-wine-day-not-bad-Leading-scientist-claim-exceed-recommended-does-live-longer-teetotallers.html

According to this British tabloid.
If it's on the internet, it must be true!
You can live longer and drinking a bottle of wine is not as bad for you as everyone thinks!
Jokes aside...how in the heck could someone drink so much wine regularly and not potentially gain weight? There's at least 500+ calories in a bottle of red wine. And a bottle of wine a day is probably not the best idea for anyone.

Not to mention the munchies that may come from drinking so much wine.

I love random scientific studies like this. I just want to know how they come up with ideas like this, and then studies go one day from "a glass of wine is bad for you!" to "just drink the whole bottle, you're fine".

Replies

• vanginmi
    vanginmi Posts: 41
    Options
    Wish it was true :) I'll have a glass if my count is low that day. It's what got me into the extra pounds in the first place.
  • redskiednight
    redskiednight Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You must not be from the UK as anything the daily mail writes about anything should immediately be disregarded :drinker: :laugh:
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    also known as the "daily fail" this paper is know for it's high quality investigative journalism and balanced approach to reporting

:)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Oh how I wish this was true. A glass of red a day is definitely beneficial, more than that I don't think so.

Also if it's the daily mail then they are only referring to British wine, made by British people. Any thing foreign is always bad in their opinion.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    .............I don't want/like wine.
    I'll pass, thanks.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You must not be from the UK as anything the daily mail writes about anything should immediately be disregarded :drinker: :laugh:

I'm aware. That's why I referenced it as a tabloid and cracked the joke "if it's on the internet, it must be true".
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    also known as the "daily fail" this paper is know for it's high quality investigative journalism and balanced approach to reporting

:)

Haha, I really love reading some of the ridiculous stories on there.
    Including the Samantha Brick ones!
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    .............I don't want/like wine.
    I'll pass, thanks.

More for me!