not losing weight anymore

Options
Hi guys, I'm going through a really tough time in my weight loss journey. I started at 173lbs and managed to get down to 145lbs at the start of April. Since then it has be very difficult to lose anything I have been fluctuating between 143.6lbs and 146lbs each week. This has caused me to lose motivated and weigh myself at random times causing major weight flucutations.
I lost the first 28lbs on a 1400 calorie diet, so after a few weeks of not losing weight I changed it to 1300 calories to see if this helped. It didn't I maintained my weight I have even been working out more too.

I don't know what to do part of me wants to give up but part of me will see it through if I know I will get out of this rut!

I badly want to get down to 126lbs-133lbs. I just want some support or motivation any stories of people who have experienced this and got past it?

Any support?

Xxxx

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    well your diary isn't open but weight fluctuates all the time...it is not linear...

do you weight all your solids? How do you calculate exercise calories? do you eat them all back? do you log accurately choosing the correct entries.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hey! Hang in there, weight loss is definitely tricky sometimes, you just have to get past the obstacles to keep going.

What are you currently doing for exercise? If you have been doing the same routine for awhile, then it might be time to switch it up! If you are doing a lot of cardio, incorporate strength training.

What percent are your macros? You could try playing around with those. Say for instance, your carbs are currently at 50%, protein is at 20% and fats are at 30%, switch it to 45% carbs, 25% protein, 30% fats. Just see what works for you and your body.

Are you taking measurements and pictures? The scale is your worst frienemy when it comes to weight loss! Sure, sometimes you lose a pound a week and you are BFF's, but then when it doesn't go down, you just want to kick it! So put your scale away. Weight yourself ONCE a week, same time, same day. That's it! You will drive yourself crazy.

When I was lacking motivation, I had to find a new workout. I fell in love with the program, looked forward to doing it, and the weight just came off! You can do the same. :)
  • natashabamford7
    natashabamford7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to open my diary.

But yes I weigh all my food with an electrical scale, I don't eat back my exercise calories but I calculate them using a polar f4 HRM.
  • natashabamford7
    Options
    I'm currently doing the 30 day shred but I used to do strength training 3times a week. I have been trying to switch things up as much as ppossible. I recently changed my macros to carbs 50, fat 25 and protein 25

Xx
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to open my diary.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • natashabamford7
    Options
    I have opened my diary to friends so add me if u want to take a look

Xx
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    If you won't show us your diary, we'll have to give generic advice. You're probably underestimating your food & or overestimating your burns. Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Weigh your food. Eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • natashabamford7
    Options
    I have fully opened my diary now and I do log everything accurately. I don't eat my excerise cals back so even if I did over estimated them it wouldn't matter, right?
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Diary first impressions:

You don't appear to be logging any cooking fat (oil/butter) these and other inacurracies can add up really quickly if you don't watch them.
    You are usually (over the last week or so that i've looked at) high on sugar.
    You are not loggin water - are you drinking enough?
    As your target calories are set at 1400, you should prpbably be eating back at least some of your excercise calories - as it is not a good idea to go unter 1200 clories net without active regular guidance from a doctor.

What are your goals (target weight and weekly loss)? Are they reasonable?