Time to introduce myself...

Options
I've been here since September, but never formally introduced myself. My name is Annie, I'm 23, have a 14month old son. I've been married since July of this year.

I've tried losing weight soooo many times. I always lose the motivation, I have no obedience to stick to a gym...it's pretty sad really. However, since joining this site, I've lost 17lbs. And that's even with the few months I didn't record anything!

I've made the decision that I will not have anymore kids until I am a healthy weight. I don't remember what I started at before I got pregnant, but my final weight was around 280. I immediately lose 30+lbs, but gained some of it back.

I'm sick of lying on my driver's license and saying I'm almost 100lbs less than I actually am. This year, I WILL lose the weight. I want to be healthier for my husband and my son, and any future children we will have.

Replies

• definney
    Options
    I like that you are a mom and trying to reach this goal. I have several friends who have kids and I see how busy they are. So even though I don't know you I just wanted to send a little support your way. I commend you on trying to reach your goals, while also raising a little one (who is adorable by the way). good luck to you!
  • karrah2303
    Options
    I have a son as well... and i gained a TON of weight when i was pregnant... unfortunately I weigh about 40 lbs more now than i did when i delivered him... (he's 5). I commend you for starting this while he is young. I feel very sad that even when i lose this weight my son will still remember having a fat mommy... We can do this!!!
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Not to play a pity party, but I also work full-time. It's super hard finding time to work out, but I NEED to do it.
  • jparson714
    jparson714 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I understand the working thing. I leave my house at 6 and it's usually 6 before I get home. I'm worried about getting my workouts in when I go back to work on Monday! I don't have any kids because I feel I need to get to a healthier weight before I have them. The last thing I want is to have complications because of my weight.
    Good luck and feel free to add me!
  • toludc
    toludc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    my son is 14 months too. My current challenge is finding time to work out around his routine so I don't leave it to the evening when Im often so tired.

Good luck on your journey - Please friend add me if you would like