Changing to TDEE using scooby calc help

Options
So far I've lost just under a stone but I'm not happy with the way my body looks so im wanting to start stronglifts 5x5, I don't plan on using weights on the bar just yet as I want to make sure I have the right form as not to hurt myself, bar only weights 15lbs I think. I plan doing it Monday, Wednesday and Friday , but I was also thinking of doing insanity on off days Tuesday and Thursday if I felt ok, if not walking for roughly 30mins-1hr and nothing on the weekend
I've used the scooby calc to work everything out set it to lose fat-20% but I'm unsure of what to put my activity level at either light or moderate , also if I change over to the tdee do I change my macro on MFP to whats recommended on scooby calc?

Replies

• cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Scooby's calculator is pretty good, but pay no attention to the rest of his info (for the most part) including his macro ratio splits. Setting your activity level to moderate (on Scooby's website) to figure out a TDEE is fine as it's just an estimate anyway and you will adjust up or down after a couple of weeks to dial it in anyway. On MFP however, now that you doing TDEE, you will custom set your calories and set your activity level to sedentary and not log exercise (as that's now already included in your TDEE). Don't worry about what MFP tells you after you log your food at the end of the day and it says it will take you 5 weeks to lose x amount of weight as you are no longer following MFP's program...you are just using it to track calories. On the macronutrient split, read these links. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

You can also run the calculator on http://www.iifym.com and it will also give you suggested macro splits.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    If your adding in Insanity your definitely moderate... getting to "look" better is about getting your calories right so you stop losing your muscle.. having a bigger deficit obviously ate some of that away so you don't want to have a huge deficit..
  • karri82
    karri82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • karri82
    karri82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've just though because I won't be adding any weight to the bar for a couple of weeks would that still be moderate or should I keep it as light activity until I start adding weights then change over to moderate?