If It Fit Your Macros Diet

Options
Hi! I would like to find other members who follow the IIFYM diet. I need sample daily meal plans to follow and get ideas from. Right now I have mine set on 1600 calories and 45% carbs, 30% protein, and 25% fats. I don't want to lose weight but I do want to gain muscle. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would like to find other members who follow the IIFYM diet. I need sample daily meal plans to follow and get ideas from. Right now I have mine set on 1600 calories and 45% carbs, 30% protein, and 25% fats. I don't want to lose weight but I do want to gain muscle. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!

You need to be eating in a surplus to gain muscle, I doubt 1600 cals is enough.
  • Synthemesc94
    Options
    Hey, i have exactly the same goals as you. I will add you as a friend. I am also trying to build muscle (bodyrecomp, to be correct), I will also eat 1600 cals :)
  • rahrahcoach
    rahrahcoach Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What do you suggest the calories be set at for muscle growth? I guess I just struggle with seeing the scale go up as well. It is the whole thing of lost fat vs gain muscle which is all so confusing to me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What do you suggest the calories be set at for muscle growth? I guess I just struggle with seeing the scale go up as well. It is the whole thing of lost fat vs gain muscle which is all so confusing to me.

You need to eat above TDEE to gain muscle, so add 10-20% on to your maintenance calories.

I presume you are doing a heavy lifting programme?
  • rahrahcoach
    rahrahcoach Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Now 1600 is my baseline calories. If I exercise I add on those calories. For example if I do a 300 calorie workout then my calories for the day will be 1900. Do my baseline calories still need to be higher? Yes heavy lifting.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I would stick with one straight intake. Check your weight every day, take the average, if you're losing or maintaining, add 50-100 calories on to your total. Keep going until you are slowly gaining. You want it to be a slow gain because the faster you gain, the less likely it is to be muscle. Irregardless, you're going to get some fat gain but going slow helps minimize that. Keep up with a heavy lifting routine. Make sure you're getting adequate protein. I believe a high carb intake is also recommended just for energy purposes. I'm attempting my first bulk as well ;) Here's to muscle!!