Hey! Trouble with water weight?

Options
I ate a lot of bad foods this week coming off of a low calorie diet, in other words I binged. Well I was 160lbs but after those three days I was 175, my weekly diet diary says I was 290cals over my goal. So it's obvious I gained maybe 2 1/2 lbs but 15!?
How do I get rid of this? And for the 290cals what should I do?

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    drink water, don't worry about it..

This is why low calorie diets don't work.. you just gained back what you lost didn't you?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Just keep going with your normal routine and it'll go in a few days or a week. It's not real weight so don't stress over it
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I gained 10 overnight after a spin class. I am just drinking more water and doing easy stuff for a couple days to rest up before I get back to it. It's just water, it will go away.
  • drink water, don't worry about it..

This is why low calorie diets don't work.. you just gained back what you lost didn't you?

Exactamundo,
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of bad foods this week coming off of a low calorie diet, in other words I binged. Well I was 160lbs but after those three days I was 175, my weekly diet diary says I was 290cals over my goal. So it's obvious I gained maybe 2 1/2 lbs but 15!?

If you're only 290 over your goal (and presumably still in a deficit), the only real gain should be from glycogen replenishment, but that could be approximately 10-12 pounds for you (if they were very depleted). I'm concerned about you still trying to lose from 160, though. What's your height and goal weight?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

This!

You want to lose 7lbs, set MFP to lose 0.5lb per week so you're eating plenty and that should stop the binging.
  • Is glycogen permanent fat? My height is 5'11, male, and I'm 18.
    I don't know yet, I just want my love handles and stomach flattened so I can start bulking up.
  • drink water, don't worry about it..

This!

You want to lose 7lbs, set MFP to lose 0.5lb per week so you're eating plenty and that should stop the binging.

Are you sure I'd still lose weight? Thank you in advance!
  • I ate a lot of bad foods this week coming off of a low calorie diet, in other words I binged. Well I was 160lbs but after those three days I was 175, my weekly diet diary says I was 290cals over my goal. So it's obvious I gained maybe 2 1/2 lbs but 15!?

If you're only 290 over your goal (and presumably still in a deficit), the only real gain should be from glycogen replenishment, but that could be approximately 10-12 pounds for you (if they were very depleted). I'm concerned about you still trying to lose from 160, though. What's your height and goal weight?
    Is glycogen permanent fat? My height is 5'11, male, and I'm 18.
    I don't know yet, I just want my love handles and stomach flattened so I can start bulking up.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

This!

Are you sure I'd still lose weight? Thank you in advance!

If you're eating in a deficit you'll lose weight.

IMO you should be more bothered about addressing the binging first...
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Is glycogen permanent fat? My height is 5'11, male, and I'm 18.

No Glycogen is not permanent.. and if that is your picture you look way too skinny just from looking.. your 18 and 5'11, so your calories should be like 2000 if your moving around.. if your working out 2400.. plus your young don't hurt yourself early.