Early Morning Post Workout Meal

Options
Hi I have to start working out early morning around 5-6 am.. I was wondering what is a good post-workout breakfast, I want to stay away as much possible from drinking a protein shake at that time.. rather save for a snake later on the day.. Any ideas? thanks..

Replies

• noirwinter
    noirwinter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also work out very early in the morning. My typical breakfast is a 2 egg omelette with 1 laughing cow light swiss cheese wedge (because I love cheese) and about 2/3- 3/4 cup of veggies (a pre-chopped mix I make Sundays, usually with bell peppers, onions, asparagus, beet greens, spinach and/or broccoli depending on the week) inside and olive oil pam in the pan. This week's mix clocked in at around 250 calories. Last week's was about 225.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds breakfast: 2 Bacon and Egg mcmuffins, 2 hashbrowns, and 2 breakfast burritos. You have to reward yourself for getting up that early.
  • Whiskeytub
    Whiskeytub Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When I work out early, I either make oatmeal with peanut butter and raisins or two eggs with goat cheese and either cured salmon or toast and spinach. Both are relatively quick and make me feel happy.