Hi from Central Florida

Options
I am just starting again with MyFitnessPal. I used it over a year ago but kind of just stopped paying attention to what I was doing.
I recently had some labwork and my Dr. is giving me 4 months to get the numbers better, doesn't have to be perfect in 4 months but he wants improvement. I have PCOS so that is har for me. I am also tired all the time. Hoping that will change.
I am on some new RX'S so I hope they help. I have diabetes and heart disease in the family and I want to try to prolong that as much as possible.
I prefer group fitness classes over the gym.
I am from the east coast of Florida, In Melbourne.
Looking for friends on here too :)

Replies

• sealionwoman23
    Options
    Hi! I've tried other similar websites in the past, but I too am back after some time away. I was diagnosed with PCOS a little over a year ago but I suspect I've had it since my mid-teens (I'm 26 now). I'd love to get to know some people on here as I think some accountability and motivation would go a long way!
  • InkSpot94
    Options
    Hello from Central PA. I'm new here and looking for friends. I also have medical issues that make weight loss difficult.
  • JennsJourney30
    JennsJourney30 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've tried other similar websites in the past, but I too am back after some time away. I was diagnosed with PCOS a little over a year ago but I suspect I've had it since my mid-teens (I'm 26 now). I'd love to get to know some people on here as I think some accountability and motivation would go a long way!

I think PCOS makes it very hard to lose weight. I was lucky to catch it young. They put me on Metformin. I start it again this week. I stopped it for a while but dr putting me back on.
  • JennsJourney30
    Options
    Hello from Central PA. I'm new here and looking for friends. I also have medical issues that make weight loss difficult.

Feel free to friend me. Medical issues are hard to deal with. Especially when it hinders your goals. I know. :(
    We just have to work that much harder. But we will get there.
  • exguitarplayer257
    Options
    Determination and focus...It is difficult when dealing with medical problems, however with the weight loss I am sure you will began to feel better after dropping a few pounds...Love the Melbourne area, stay there at least once a year. Usually @ the Doubletree on the Beach, nice area indeed....Good luck 10707...You will attain your goal...:)
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm right up A1A from you! No medical issues but trying to live a happy and healthy life and using MFP as a part of that.
  • JennsJourney30
    Options
    Determination and focus...It is difficult when dealing with medical problems, however with the weight loss I am sure you will began to feel better after dropping a few pounds...Love the Melbourne area, stay there at least once a year. Usually @ the Doubletree on the Beach, nice area indeed....Good luck 10707...You will attain your goal...:)

Beachside is real nice. And it's great staying right on the water. Love it. Grew up over on the beach. I'm not far just over the bridge but it's not the same :)
    I think as I lose I'll feel better just like you said. It's easier when you have like minded people to talk to. No one in my family is trying and it's hard when they are cooking mashed potatos and fried foods. I just stay away now. Have too.
  • JennsJourney30
    Options
    Hi, I'm right up A1A from you! No medical issues but trying to live a happy and healthy life and using MFP as a part of that.

Not far at all. I'm mainland but A1A isn't far at all. Been here a while?
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    4 years; I love it! In Florida, that is...almost 1 year on MFP :drinker: