Easter dessert?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
We're not really celebrating Easter, but we got a turkey... and we're making a nice dinner out of it... and it would be a shame not to have dessert, right?

What are you all having?

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Not sure what we'll have for the main course but my mother gave a hint that dessert is an eclair cake :love: not sure what that is yet but I'm assuming delicious
  • Francl27
    Options
    Oh yum, lol.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Apple pie or mirrangue with peaches and/or strawberrys, with cream or custard.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Pavlova
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Angelfood cake with fresh strawberries and home made whipped cream!
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I don't know, my in-laws are making dinner. I imagine there might be cake.
  • 9bars
    9bars Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bread and butter pudding made with croissants, white chocolate and whisky, it's our fave dessert. For the kids I have the new Cadburys almond choc mousse cake.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    dinner- lean turkey ham
    mashed potatoes
    grands biscuits flaky (junior size)
    frozen veggie blend

Dessert- Edward's key lime pie
    Sugar free Lime Jello
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    My in-laws are way too healthy. So I'll steal candy from the Easter eggs.
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Vanilla sugared berries from the oven with greek vanilla yoghurt icecream. Yum. Oh, and as a main we're eating the Easter bunny - we have a wild hare shot by a friend :laugh:
  • CandiceLeeAnn
    CandiceLeeAnn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Pound cake with butter cream icing and Chapman's caramel cup sundae ice cream. I think my Mom is making her famous carrot cake or a no bake cheesecake too. We're having a big turkey dinner at my house (26lb turkey) and while I won't be eating all of the dessert it's nice to have options. My Mom's birthday is Monday so I picked up her favourite(the pound cake) for her :)
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am making sopapilla cheesecake bars.....flaky, buttery cinnamon cheesiness. **slobber**
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I made these!
    jtvubb.jpg

Rainbow chip cupcakes, vanilla butter cream with some almond extract and gel food colouring, and a peep!

130 cals of frosting ( 2 tbs)
    151 for the cupcake (entire box of mix prepared yeilds 2700 cal, divided by the 18 portions I made)
    and a whole 28 cals for the peep!

delish!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Main - lasagna, garlic bread, salad (romaine lettuce, cucumbers, onions, sun-dried tomatoes, shredded 4 cheese blend, mixed bell peppers, corn tortilla, sweet onion dressing)

Dessert - Laura Secord chocolate truffle cake
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I made these!
    jtvubb.jpg

Rainbow chip cupcakes, vanilla butter cream with some almond extract and gel food colouring, and a peep!

130 cals of frosting ( 2 tbs)
    151 for the cupcake (entire box of mix prepared yeilds 2700 cal, divided by the 18 portions I made)
    and a whole 28 cals for the peep!

delish!

how cute are these?! they look delicious too!
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    the main will be a turkey dinner ...dessert this year will be a strawberry shortcake :)
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid in Costa Rica we ate Arroz con leche on easter... a rice pudding made with coconut milk.
    Yesterday I discovered something called Tembleque in a Puerto Rican restaurant which seems to be the same thing without the rice.
    normally i would thicken this with cornstarch but ive seen middle eastern recipes that grind up some dry rice to a powder to get the same effect.

When I make flan I usually add a little powdered agar seaweed to it to make it a little jellier... so thats always an option too.

Ive heard that empanadas are big on easter too in CR but I have no memory of that... and the filling they put into them... Chiverre, Im not sure Ive seen in the US.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Those cupcakes look delicious!

I'm totally salivating at all of those, lol.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    We're going to a restaurant - seasons 52. Beauty of their desserts is that they are mini (served in shot glasses) and <= 300 cals each. Good thing cause I have Cadbury eggs and chocolate covered marshmallow eggs calling my name :D
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    We made one of those 3D lamb cakes today. Takes 4 hours to cool so we will frost it before Mass tomorrow. We will have a slice at coffee hour in the crypt and then leave the rest there. We like baking for coffee hour 'cause we can have a treat but share it out so we don't overindulge. Homeless people often drop in for coffee hour and it is nice to provide a treat.