How much water weight can you lose?

Options
I've been using MFP for almost 2 weeks now and I'm losing way too fast but I want to know how much of it could just be water weight. I assumed it would have slowed by now if it was just water. I'm averaging about .7 lbs per day and it seems like it should be slowing down.

Replies

• jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If you are losing to fast then decrease the amount you want to lose per week. What do you have it set at 2lbs a week? Are you exercsing also?
  • juliafromrf
    juliafromrf Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Only judging from my experience, 6 - 8 lbs can easily be water weight, and I think it could be even more if you are a bit heavier (I'm ~138 lbs). Every body is different though, I tend to store a lot of water (especially pre-menstruation) but this could be different for you.
    Anyway, great job losing all that weight. :)
  • sleepawaycamp
    Options
    I never exercise. I don't mind the fast weight loss I just want to know how much of it is water weight.
  • hitsnooze
    hitsnooze Posts: 79
    Options
    most, if not all of it. unless, you've been making a 2100 deficit a day, you've probably lost 1-2 lbs of actual weight
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    When I do very low carb and watch my sodium, I can lose 15 pounds of water... FIFTEEN POUNDS! I think that may be more than the average person and I attribute it to the fact that my legs and abdomen hold water like CRAZY! When I'm losing all this water, I sometimes have to get up three times in the night to pee... ordinarily I never get up in the night for that so it's quite obvious that it's water weight.