Vegetarian!

Options
Is anyone else on here vegetarian or vegan? How has it been working for you in your weight loss goals? Why did you choose to go that route? Feel free to add me! I have been a vegetarian for two weeks and am so proud of this initial goal! Looking for friends to support and help support me. :)

Replies

• jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Me. I will add you!
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I went veggie in 2006 after seeing AFI perform and learning about what we put the animals through. Lost about 60 pounds, felt great, was trying to stick to mostly vegan. Then something bad happened and I just lost control and ate pizza and drank and then just stopped caring. Gained it all back then some. I am still vegetarian and I just want to get back to healthy. I love this lifestyle though and it is very possible to have a strong and healthy body with this diet.

I'm not perfect by any means, but I will help if I can.
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Been vegetarian for 24 years :) i don't eat any meat, poultry or fish. I chose this lifestyle because of my beliefs over animal welfare. I love vegetables and grow a lot of my own (hence the name). Any likeminded people can add me.
  • kilsafari
    kilsafari Posts: 61
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 5 or 6 years :) Best decision I've ever made. I quit cold turkey (no pun intended) one day on a whim and haven't looked back. I'm starting to transition to vegan though its a bit tougher. Good luck to you :)
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm vegetarian, have been for about 5 years. I chose to be vegetarian for animal welfare reasons and to improve my health. I'm learning to cook more from my garden and using less processed foods, it's a learning journey!

I happily accept supportive friends and have an open diary to friends :flowerforyou:

Sláinte! :drinker:
  • Neliel88
    Neliel88 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was pescitarian for a year, then I cut out the fish as well about 2 months ago. And now i'm moving forward by cutting out the dairy too. Definitely not perfect yet, but i'll get there slowly :) My ultimate goal is to stay on a wholefoods plant based diet with fruit as my main source of food.
    I didn't really lose any weight when I went vegetarian, and you could be a vegan and still not lose weight (or in fact, gain weight if you go for the high fat vegan foods). I want to eliminate processed foods from my diet as much as possible!
  • Plumbkinpie
    Options
    Hi! Been a veggie for nearly 9 years now. Feel free to add me :-)
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a vegetarian. Been that way for about 25 years.

I didn't have a health reason for changing - I just think eating animal flesh is gross.

Add me!
  • reklawn
    reklawn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've been a veggie for almost 10 years. I initially went in for animal welfare reasons but the impact it has had on my health has been amazing! My change in eating habits has helped me lose over 130lbs :) if you need any advice, feel free to message me!
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I like food. I have been down the vegetarian road, and it was fine. Never could bring myself to be vegan, and I don' t think meat is murder. I like well prepared lean meat from time to time, I'd say my protein intake is probably 50% fish, 30% veggie, and 20% mammal. We eat a lot of fish...primarily baked, grilled, or pan fried. Hate tuna. Love Bluegills.

I could live on green beans, snap peas, potatoes, and carrot...with a frequent side of broccoli and some cabbage once in awhile. We like just about any leafy salad.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Been vegetarian for 6ish weeks. So far I have not missed meat. Still trying to figure out the best foods to eat on a vegetarian diet to get the most protein. Anyone can add me, I like creeping other vegetarians' food diaries. :D
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    Ahhhh! I was vegetarian for several years, vegan for 1.3, but now I'm in recovery. *high five*:flowerforyou:
  • valpclady
    Options
    Hello...This is very new for me. I just decided 1 1/2 month ago to longer eat meat. Not sure if this categorize me to be a vegetarian but that is what I am striving to be....we will see.
  • valpclady
    Options
    how long have you been a vegetarian ??? I would I would love to support you or we can support each other. I stop eating meat probably 5 to 6 weeks ago and it has not been that hard. I have been tempted by family members; but I have other outsiders that support more than the family. I keep holding on strong so I don't fall on my journey to be a vegetarian. I keep telling myself that I don't eat meat and I don't eat it...
  • thefatveganchef
    thefatveganchef Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have been vegan for 22 years. Not because of diet or anything, it is a life choice. Even vegans can eat unhealthy. I am working on losing the weight I have gained in the last 10 years. Feel free to add me.
  • Neliel88
    Neliel88 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you have made the decision and you are avoiding meat then that makes you a vegetarian :) Fantastic decision to make!
  • dgkt
    dgkt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Been veg since February, before that I was weekday veg. I'm pursuing a career in nutrition, and my research showed me that the vegetarian lifestyle aligned with many of my beliefs & ideals. It's better for the planet, the animals, and myself. :)
  • ewrob
    ewrob Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was obese since high school, but recently gained even more weight to become morbidly obese. About 14 months ago, I started getting chest pains which got progressively worse and then came on at rest. I realized then that my lifestyle was literally killing me. After some research I decided to go vegan. Since then I have lost 50% of my body weight and I am healthy for the first time I can remember. Losing 100 pounds is a major accomplishment, but I have lost close to 200 in just over a year and now sit at about my ideal weight.

There are other ways to lose the weight, but while others struggled with portion sizes and counting calories, I was able to eat healthy food until I felt satisfied. It doesn't feel like a diet - because it isn't.
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years.
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Not a vegetarian but I'd love to knock out most of the meat products I consume. I don't care for the way we treat most of our 'live stock' and recently have been having a lot of trouble eating meat off the bone.

I do work with two very spoiled chickens who give us eggs.

I don't like faux meats or soy just a lot of nuts, lentils and beans.

Have any of you tried Balela its super tasty!?