Thoughts on how to make my exercise regime "well rounded"

Options
Ahrena
Ahrena Posts: 44 Member
Not sure if that title makes sense but hope you get my gist!

I LOVE to be active, it makes me feel awesome and I'm trying to create the best body I can have.

My day to day life is active anyway as I have horses plus work with them - I ride between 2 and 5 horses a day plus do some stable work.

I've recently begun taking a pole dance class and an aerial silks dance class a week but I'm trying to think of what else to do 3 times a week which would benefit me the most towards achieving a nicely toned, lean body (along with a good diet obviously).

I have a stationary bike and I used to enjoy running although haven't been doing it lately. Its my abs and thighs I'd most like to tone although I know you can't really spot reduce.

Thoughts anyone? I have some 1kg handweights at home and lots of Jillian Michaels videos. I only have time to do about 30 minutes a day because I'm an insanely busy person and I really don't have time to go to the gym (nor can I afford it on top of my dance classes which I really enjoy!)

So what would you do on those 3 days?

Replies

• IldaMuschamp
    Options
    Now that the weather is getting better, a little two and half mile run/ jog/ walk and a few squats after that will give you a great start. I started running again today and once you start, you will remember how great it is to be outdoors. Good luck.
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Is there a place near you where you can walk up stairs? I did a stadium stairs workout today at the local college and it was intense. My bf had to stop at one point because he thought he might throw up. Anyway, running up stairs (or walking up them quickly as the case may be) always seems to work different muscles than I'm used to.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    1. Strong constitution. It's important if you want U.N. support.
    2. Strong military presence. Especially in the early goings. You're probably going to have to bust a few heads to establish a tone.
    3. Cayman bank account and secret hideaway in a country with a non extradition policy. Because sometimes, even with careful planning, things don't work out. Have an exit strategy.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Cavalry can be effective if not a little outdated. I don't really know what you hope to gain with a vehicle that doesn't move. Get rid of the stationary bike and maybe get some light armor. Or if you want to keep to guerrilla tactics to get things started a bicycle is a great silent mode of transportation. The aerial skills can be useful in infiltration and evasion tactics. I don't know where you're planning to institute this regime but I think a lot more planning is necessary. DayPaul's post also had some good starting points v
  • kpchefai
    kpchefai Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hahahahah the 2 answers above are absolutely perfect
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to invest heavily in your technology sector and war factories. In today's asymmetrical battlefield, technology is crucial in locating and crushing your regime's adversaries.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    good-to-be-king.gif
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    From what I can figure out, these are the main exercise categories:
    strength training
    cardio
    balance
    flexibility

One thing you might want to try is do a You Tube search on Blogilates. That would help your core strength, abs, balance, etc.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Aerial silks, pole dancing, and horse riding? I would throw in some mechanical bull riding, obviously.
  • ccf_trainer
    ccf_trainer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    No gym? No problem. One of the best ways to tone is bodyweight exercises. There are 1000s of bodyweight exercises out there. I can name some, and I can show you others because I still don't know the names off the top of my head, but I know so many moves it's ridiculous. Anyways, bodyweight exercises are good because you can lean out, improve your strength, reduce muscular imbalances, and boost your metabolism. No one ever said you needed a gym, or equipment to be fit, and whoever told you that is a complete moron. The challenging thing about training at home is it's hard to remain disciplined and avoid distractions, and that is where you have to have the mindset to do it, and that is why I usually train outdoors instead of home. As far as the routines go, if you're doing three days per week, you want to split up body parts. Example, focus on chest and surrounding areas on the first day, skip a day, do lower body on the second day, skip a day, and focus on the back and surrounding areas, and do one more day. You can get away with doing abs on all three days. Cardio should be done after each strength training workout, or there are cardio exercises you can throw into your routine (for example, everyone's favorite: Burpees). Also, focus on balance, and most especially, flexibility. Very important.
  • Ahrena
    Ahrena Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yeah my iPad likes to change my spellings -_- and I didn't notice.

In relation to doing 3x x strength followed by cardio - is 15 min of each really going to be effective? I literally don't think I have time to do anymore as I am insanely busy and think I'll burn out if I try to do more
  • Flossiesdoll
    Options
    You don't seem to be doing anything weight-bearing, which is important to build and maintain bone strength. So maybe add some walking and/or running and some yoga and/or pilates, so you're bearing weight through your legs and your arms.