I need a protein powder - female

Options
Hello!
So I'm a 19 year old girl, I just lost around 13kgs or so in the last 7 months. I was never over weight, I just wanted to slim down a touch. I now hover around 51-53kg (112 pounds) and I'm 174cm tall.
I am very slim EVERYWHERE besides my thighs. My thighs are the only place on my body where i carry excess fat and no matter what I do i just cant seem to shed that last fat layer off my thighs so that you can see my muscles.
I'm looking for a protein powder that can assist with shedding off that last bit of fat and also helping with lean muscle.
If any of you have any recommendations i'd greatly appreciate it

Replies

• arabellaflagg
    arabellaflagg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Whey is a good one. Try the Rocky Road or Double Chocolate.

Eat at maintenance and lift heavy!
  • MrsPrior
    MrsPrior Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not sure where in the world you are posting from so not sure which retailers will be available to you, but I swear by My Protein Impact Whey - high quality protein with good availability, really easy to mix, no after taste or bitterness. I use the unflavoured and mix into other food like pancakes in place of some of the flour, but the flavours I have tried are also delicious - chocolate smooth and toffee are my favourites.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Protein powder won't be doing any shredding of anything.

Protein powder is not even necessary if you can hit your macros otherwise.

Agree with the above poster…eat at maintenance and get on a progressive load lifting routine.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Except eating high amounts of protein doesn't shed fat.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Uhg. People are probably taking your words out of the context in which you means them. I would like to give the benefit of the doubt that you realize protein powders will not "shred fat" all on its own.

Anyway, I like Lean 25 chocolate and Cellucor Cinnamon Bun.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Eating one gram of protein per pound of lean body mass and lifting heavy weights will probably help, as long as you don't go into a calorie surplus. There are lots of beginner programs. You could benefit from strong curves.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    So I'm a 19 year old girl, I just lost around 13kgs or so in the last 7 months. I was never over weight, I just wanted to slim down a touch. I now hover around 51-53kg (112 pounds) and I'm 174cm tall.
    I am very slim EVERYWHERE besides my thighs. My thighs are the only place on my body where i carry excess fat and no matter what I do i just cant seem to shed that last fat layer off my thighs so that you can see my muscles.
    I'm looking for a protein powder that can assist with shedding off that last bit of fat and also helping with lean muscle.
    If any of you have any recommendations i'd greatly appreciate it

A little bit of education:

Protein powder does not shred off fat period. Nor does it remove it from a particular place. Neither does any food.

Adding 'female' to this post does nothing either. There is no 'female' or 'male' protein. It's not like they milk the male cows for the male protein....I'm sure the men would not be impressed.

You do not have to get your protein in the form of powder, it does not add any benefit (other then you can store it in your cupboard longer then a chicken breast etc.

Optimum nutrition is fairly popular taste wise.

My recommendation is forgetting about weight loss and start picking up a full body progressive strength training program to slim down all your parts.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    You are 174 centimeters (5 foot 8 inches) and 112 pounds and you have fat thighs?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You are 174 centimeters (5 foot 8 inches) and 112 pounds and you have fat thighs?

Yeah, actually building muscle is what would improve your look.
  • MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options

It's not like they milk the male cows for the male protein....I'm sure the men would not be impressed.

I'm sure we wouldn't ! :)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    With your weight and height, thinking you have fat thighs, recent weight loss, and your age it is time to walk away from the internet and find a counsellor/therapist/psychologist/trusted adult to talk to . There is something very wrong with your perception of how you look, and if you are not already dealing with an eating disorder, you are definitely on your way there.
  • desireeharper2011
    Options
    I just today found a great tasting ready to drink (RTD) protein shake called Oh Yeah and it coes n lots of yummy flavors like banana cream n cookies n cream, etc., as well as do Pure Protein (both come in single serving rtd or cases of powder) and Lean Body is highly recommended too. You can buy online (buy the case paying shipping) or Vitamin World carries rtd servings and jugs of powder too. That's where I got mine today so I could try them before buying cases (they were happy to break a case so I could try a single) or you can google it too. Good luck, n by the way, i'd kill for your body, thighs or not! Just wear shorts to the beach w/your bathing suit!
  • desireeharper2011
    Options
    Sorry, vitamin shop, not vit. World carries them.
  • desireeharper2011
    Options
    Note, I didn't yet try the pure protein but cookies n cream in the other two aren't so great. Oh yeah has wonderful banana cream n vanilla cream but those r all I've tried so far. Will repost when try others.
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Protein powder won't be doing any shredding of anything.

Protein powder is not even necessary <s>if</s> you can hit your macros otherwise.

Agree with the above poster…eat at maintenance and get on a progressive load lifting routine.
    This (made an adjustment to the "quote" though)
  • stiglich2002
    stiglich2002 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So I must say I am not fond of whey protein in general, but a friend turned me onto Isagenix Vanilla and it's the best tasting so far!
  • desireeharper2011
    Options
    Give the vanilla cream Oh Yeah a try, it's sooo good I chugged it, and their banana cream is great too. I usually hate protein shakes but Loved these two and even look forward to them. Chocolate or cookies n cream, only ok. The Lean Body in all flavors I've tried I. Wasn't a fan of. Try the Pure Protein too, the are recommended but I LOVED those two Oh Yeahs, andVitamin Shoppe sells them in cass or singles if you just want to try before buying a whoole case. They have 32g protein.