GENERATING RESULTS

13»

Replies

• natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    I just finished a 4.25 mile walk.... and now I have a huge blister on my right heel. I just got new shoes on Wednesday, and I don't think I have them laced properly. I am supposed to play tennis tomorrow morning and I hope the blister isn't too much of a problem.

It's a beautiful day here in central Ohio. I think I will spend some time reading outside and gardening.

H A P P Y
    F R I D A Y
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    okay, about that wii fit- what do 'all think?

I've already decided that's my xmas present to myself! Sounds like so much fun, and I don't plan on growing up anytime soon! :bigsmile:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Hey guys:wink:

It's been a couple days since I've checked in...partly b/c I haven't kept up my weekly goals. :cry: Boo me!
    Wed was a busy day, appointments and a haircut. I know, not an excuse, but I was tired.:yawn: Maybe I've been pushing myself too much? Oh, that haircut - shortest ever OMG! I'll post a pic when I get up the nerve (can't believe I had the nerve to cut it!) Hey, Natalie getting pampered IS Fun!

Yesterday was better than Wed. I did do some yardwork, until I burnt the belt on the riding lawnmower! You know what I mean, Jamerz?! LOL! So, today I get to hone my mechanical abilities and replace the darn thing now. Other than that, no cardio or strength training:grumble: but I did do well with calories. Oh well, something is better than nothing…

Today is a new day! Gonna take the doggie for a walk and then do some tae-bo. Then it’s tool time! It’s a beautiful day here, too. I just wanna be outside.

TGIF! :bigsmile:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    The huge blister on my foot hurts and I can't put my walking shoes on! UGH! So instead... I did 50 minutes of pilates since no shoes are required. My abs will for sure be a bit sore tomorrow! I guess that is a good thing! I'll probably take a very leisurely walk (in flip flops) later on today.

Hope your Saturday is wonderful!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    YEA! I got to burn 1370 calories today!! /jumps and down... I don't workout on the weekends as we prefer to be with each other, do stuff around the house, see friends, etc, etc etc,. So today, it was raining for most of the morning, and I was bummed 'cause I just didn't know how to burn baby burn some calories off. :grumble: But behold! the sun came out and dried off the lawn, so I got to go out and so some brush cutting in the field next door! I burned 1370 calories in 78 minutes! It was great, and my dog even helped me as well. :glasses: :tongue:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Goals
    4-5 days exercise
    adding on: staying within cal range for 6 days a week

POOOOOOOOR calorie intake yesterday first day of new goal not so good:grumble: :tongue:

Todays a new day:

same goals........did 45 minute walk this morning:smile: ......now just to stay in the calorie range:tongue:

Anne
  • gameset
    gameset Posts: 100 Member
    Happy Sunday everyone.

Yesterday i went walking again while my son was warming up for his first ever football game... we lost 20 -0. OOPs. Anyway, it felt sooooo good to be out walking- it was cool, i found a wooded path to walk along in the shade- so energizing!!!

Anyway, so the 500 some cals i burned doing that sure helps one stay in calorie- range- even had room left for banana pudding and 3 drinks!!!!

Not sure how today is going to play out- we also like to spend the weekend s together- other tha hubbies tennis, that is. so maybe later today i can get out and walk or whatever.

See y'all tomorrow- and lok for a new thread.:happy:
  • Good morning everyone,

Can you stand another joiner? I have been using the tools on this site religiously since I found it and a finding putting all I do down on paper is very helpful.

I am a northerner, New York, and the weather is going to prevent me from playing tennis twice a week, or walking, or riding my bike....so I joined a gym. I made my husband and my son join too and we have been going several times a week. I prefer weights to aerobics, but have been forcing myself to do them. I have a question about the calories though....after I've done a ton of tennis or aerobics, the chart tells me I've "earned" more calories. Are you supposed to use them?

MA
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Woooo Hooo!!! Sundays I don't go to my health club, and have been worried that I wouldn't find any good, calorie burning activities to be done. Yesterday, I was brush cutting the field and that worked like a charm to burn calories, and today my sexy, smart wife and I went for a bike ride! We we changed clothes after church, then went to the local bike shop and deli, which had a Picnic and Rental deal. So we had them make lunch, and went on a 18 mile (whew) ride! So I burned off 2361 calories today, without "working out" YEA! The weather, the company, the trail were all perfect.
  • I would love to burn that many calories...according to the exercise log on this site I burn about 650 calories playing singles tennis. Given the way I play tennis, I find that hard to believe. Yet when I bust my butt on the elliptical at the gym the calories are much less.

My goal for this week is to lose the pesky 1.9 lbs. I supposed to lose eating only the 1200 calories prescribed. My weight just wants to sit where it is and ignore all of my efforts :sad: But, I'm a stubborn girl and refuse to give up this time.

So, off to tennis and then the gym and then back to my computer where I'm taking my Doctorate online...paper due by Friday.

MA

83518.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gameset
    Happy Monday Everyone!!!

Lok for our new link- Exercise and Fitness- GENERATING RESULTS 2

See you there!
    Brenda
  • Good morning....I looked for the link...is it up yet?

MA
    83518.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gameset
    oops sorry everyone- must be Monday- i put it in food and nutrition. I will start one in exercise now.:embarassed: