Favorite Protein Sources??

Options
Im having a hard time reaching my protein macros and Im going waaaay over my carb macros 40 protein 30 carbs 30 fat...Any suggestions on what I can add?? I do not like fish...How do you guys get your protein in??

Replies

• smiles9090
    smiles9090 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast and turkey breast are good sources.
  • Saltfae
    Saltfae Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    chicken, vegan protein powder ( i have a milk allergy) I use the protein powder in baking and cooking. I made protein banana nut bread and zucchini bread.
  • mickey9694
    mickey9694 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    chicken breast, beef, and whey protein shakes
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    Meat... lots and lots of meat. Greek yogurt. Quest bars.
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Eggs, protein powder for smoothies, protein bars, chicken, cottage cheese and greek yogurt.
  • StarvingInSuburbia
    Options
    Yogurt, tofu, and beans. I'm vegetarian.
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time without adding protein powder...which I hated....until I mixed it with coffee. I use the Kaizen brand Whey Isolate Protein powder...vanilla ice cream flavour.
    Otherwise obviously all your meats are good sources. Nuts (though those are high fat...good fat though). Eggs.
    Good luck!
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My husband thinks he's a good source of protein. :laugh: But in reality...I like chicken. :happy:

ok - I generally like my husband too. :wink:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    il_340x270.475673574_4jkt.jpg

Pick one or multiple, they are all delicious.
  • pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Eggs!! Whole eggs are great. Hard-boiled eggs are perfect for snacks. 1 cup of egg whites has 27g protein; egg whites scrambled with vegetables in the morning will go far in hitting protein macros.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I never really liked or ate fish but I made myself try some panko-breaded tilapia and some beer-battered cod from Costco recently. I was really surprised...I liked both. Don't cross off fish til you've given it a try :wink: Tuna is a good source of protein too, and handy for lunch mixed with some mayo, celery bits and a splash of lemon.

To up my protein, I've been making fruit smoothies with Designer Whey Protein (18mg/scoop). Also have come to like Jarslberg lite swiss cheese (50 calories/slice with 7 grams protein--I eat two a day) and Dietz and Watson lite turkey slices (2 slices are 50 calories and have 10 grams of protein). Both the cheese and turkey are available at Costco. Just watch the sodium and fat content of any processed meats and cheese.

Protein bars are more calorie dense but you can get a quick 10 or more mg of protein from them. I keep them handy in my purse or car for after work outs or if I'm missing a meal.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that I have a cup of yogurt every day. Either by itself or blended into a smoothie.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Teehee
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    yoo mommaaa!!!!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    meat, cheese, eggs, fibrous vegetables (veggies like broccoli and spinach have a surprisingly good protein to carb ratio)
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a nice 85/15 beef hamburger off the grill.

That and I do fancy a couple of Optimum Whey every morning. Coffee is so meh when you can have protein.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Dead animals. which, coincidentally, is the best source of protein.
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I never really liked or ate fish but I made myself try some panko-breaded tilapia and some beer-battered cod from Costco recently. I was really surprised...I liked both. Don't cross off fish til you've given it a try :wink: Tuna is a good source of protein too, and handy for lunch mixed with some mayo, celery bits and a splash of lemon.

I agree that you shouldn't totally cross fish off your list of possible protein sources. Not all fish types are equal (don't all taste the same).

Almost every day, I make either a salmon burger (SeaPak brand) or a turkey burger (Jennie-O brand). I get the (frozen) burger patties from Sam's Club. The salmon burgers have 21g of protein and 6g fat. The turkey burgers have 30g of protein and 5g fat.
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Plain Fage greek yogurt, beef, chicken, and on occasion lean cuts of pork.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Chicken, turkey, lean cuts of beef, pork tenderloin, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shakes, protein bars, quinoa, almonds, edamame, black beans