new workout music

I love listening to upbeat indie music while I work out, and I really want to find some new songs and bands! Stuff like Best day of my life by American Authors, Dreaming by Small Pools, Alright by Mat and Kim... You know, just the happy fun stuff : ) Any suggestions?

Replies

• I love Matt and Kim! I love their songs "Camera" and "Day Light" as well. I also like Grouplove! "Tongue Tied", "Colors", "Naked Kids"
  • 6ronXtreme9
    6ronXtreme9 Posts: 416 Member
    well my taste is different..I only listen to hip hop/rap music..songs which I listen while working out are lose yourself-Eminem,till I collapse-Eminem,survival of the fittest-Eminem,no love-Eminem and so on
  • runway12
    runway12 Posts: 63 Member
    Me too! and Grouplove is so good : ) I bet you would like Dreaming by Small Pools and Alive by Empire of the Sun :)

I love Matt and Kim! I love their songs "Camera" and "Day Light" as well. I also like Grouplove! "Tongue Tied", "Colors", "Naked Kids"
  • runway12
    runway12 Posts: 63 Member
    I sense some Eminem love :) I'm not a huge rap fan, but I do listen to it sometimes, and I like lose yourself

well my taste is different..I only listen to hip hop/rap music..songs which I listen while working out are lose yourself-Eminem,till I collapse-Eminem,survival of the fittest-Eminem,no love-Eminem and so on
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Passion Pit - Lots of great peppy stuff there.
    Haim - if you like 70's rock vibe.
  • Passion Pit! YES! I listened to "Take a Walk" during my warm up today.

There's also Metric. And I like Dead Sara if you want some rock-type stuff.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    You might like this playlist! http://www.runnersworld.com/workout-music/merge-records-25k-playlist?page=single#.U0x6yLjI72k.email
    Also I just got the Secret Life of Walter Mitty soundtrack; lots of indie stuff that is good for working out.
    You might also check out the site jog.fm. You can look up music by BPM, genre, etc. and find songs you might not have heard otherwise! I just made a kickass BPM-based tempo run playlist after browsing the site. It's great!